SENIOR MANAGER, MIDSTREAM DIGITAL ARCHITECT
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Director – Midstream Technology, you will be required to develop the organization’s digital roadmap to support operational excellence and align this with the corporate technological vision and direction to leverage digital technology and data. You will research and champion technology in partnership with the AltaGas innovation group to advance midstream value drivers and help deliver on strategic goals. You will promote the use of appropriate technology and develop the long-term midstream roadmap, with a focus on integrating technology into company operations to increase effectiveness, safety and efficiency and to generate value for the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide expert technical leadership for the development of strategic directions for ITS midstream architecture, standards, principles, best practices and guides, related initiatives, projects and services
- In partnership with Midstream teams, build and maintain the ITS roadmap that aligns with the strategic goals of the business unit
- Build and maintain the Midstream ITS capability map with a focus on driving innovation in operations excellence
- Collaborate with EA and broader ITS team regarding the direction of existing and potential ITS solutions, emerging ITS program delivery solutions, new ITS products and those which the department should pursue
- Assess business/technical feasibility and impact on future and current solutions, recommend solutions and priorities, and advise on resource requirements
- Support the business in developing, maintaining and updating its capability models, and its business and technology roadmaps
- In collaboration with the ITS business relationship managers, establish and maintain contacts within business units and ITS programs to understand business activities and business drivers, business requirements, solutions strategies and alternatives, etc., being considered and/or implemented, and help to align business initiatives
- In collaboration with the ITS portfolio managers, provide guidance to delivery initiatives:
- Review initiative and project documentation throughout their lifecycle, ensuring compliance with ITS standards and principles
- Assist the definition, implementation and governance of AltaGas systems research/design policies, procedures and standards
- Provide advice regarding the interpretation of, and amendments to, AltaGas ITS development policies and procedures
- Provide leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues
- Provide input and help to direct the innovation capability, including ongoing research and assessment of new approaches, technologies and solutions for potential use across the Enterprise
- Maintain Midstream technology risk profile and landscape maintenance needs
- Support the creation and maintenance of the Investment Portfolio and ensure that it is aligned to the business objectives
What you must have:
- Minimum ten (10) years’ Oil and Gas Domain experience with a focus on Midstream
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience as a Solution/Project, Business, or Data Architect
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within ITS
- Demonstrated experience in delivering technology change in operations
- University Degree in applied sciences such as engineering, systems design, computer sciences or business or other related field
- Experience building strategic roadmaps
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business partners
- A mature and pragmatic perspective on architecture and its role in a dynamic company
- Business analysis skills
- Technical expertise in one or more architectural domains (business, application, data and/or infrastructure)
- Experienced in several technology architecture design or re-design efforts
- Experience with technology procurement
- Project management skills
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person's ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.