I&C MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
AltaGas Blythe Operations Inc. is a 520 MW Natural gas fired Combined Cycle Power Generating Station located in Blythe, California. This is a union position in the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 47.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Technician’s primary responsibilities are focused on installation, preventative maintenance, and repair of all plant equipment. This position troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs a wide variety of equipment. Heavy emphasis will focus on compliance with safety standards for electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in a power plant facility. As a member of the Blythe team, the Maintenance I&C Technician will play a key role in assisting other team members in both operations and maintenance when needed.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Perform all actions related to the preventive maintenance program of the company
- Diagnoses instrumentation, electrical and control (I&C), electronic, electrical and CEMS systems problems
- Responds to all instrumentation and control (I&C), electronic, electrical and CEMS systems alarms and malfunctions as directed
- Performs a variety of maintenance activities, including, but not limited to, equipment and test equipment calibration and alignment, inspection, testing, lubrication
- Serves as a technical resource for personnel with regards to instrumentation and control (I&C), electronic, electrical and CEMS systems operation and maintenance
- Ensure maintenance of equipment and repairs when required
- Help solve problems related to maintenance
- Suggest continuous improvement projects
- Participate in equipment installation and help during start-ups
- Test equipment in order to assure productivity and performance
- Ensuring all safety rules and safe work procedures such as Lockout/Tag out, Confined Space, PPE are followed by themselves and by others working in and around the machinery
- Provide support to operations in running machines at standard speeds to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Respond quickly to address downtime issues promptly and effectively
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including the identification of contributing causes for unplanned downtime and work to eliminate the root cause to drive continuous improvement
- Operate plant equipment (trucks, crane, and forklift)
- Understands and complies with all applicable environmental, health and safety policies while conducting maintenance
- Maintains a safe working environment to include good housekeeping practices of work areas and shop areas
- Maintains instrumentation and control (I&C), electronic, electrical and CEMS systems test equipment and shop areas as assigned
- Act as a team player by assisting in ad hoc work, both in operations and maintenance, as it arises
- Assists the Maintenance Manager during all outage periods
- The I&C Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager and responds to direction from the Plant Manager in the absence of the Maintenance Manager. The I&C Maintenance Technician works in cooperation with other maintenance and operations personnel on matters pertaining to the daily operation of the plant
- Qualified candidates must have strong skills in electrical I&C, electronics
- High School/ GED required
- 3-5 years relevant experience required
Applicants with more advanced qualifications are welcome to apply. The successful candidate may be hired at a more senior level depending on their education and experience background.
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person's ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.