407 ETR is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic PR student to pitch in with the day-to-day tasks of our small but mighty Communications and Government Relations team.
This position reports into the Director of Communications and Government Relations. The primary responsibilities of this role are to assist with development and execution of internal and external communications campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
No task should be considered too big or too small for the successful candidate.
- Maintains the company’s intranet; responsible for writing, editing and publishing pages as required
- Works with internal clients to identify corporate news and disseminates it across the organization through the design and execution of attention-grabbing posters, emails and intranet articles
- Manages all aspects of production of weekly internal e-newsletter from writing articles to email layout and distribution
- Produces daily industry news email for internal stakeholders
- Assists with the coordination of internal events as required
- Contributes to the development of external communications products as required. This may include copywriting for customer newsletter articles, bill inserts, webpages or social media content
- Assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations
- Assists with the production of regular departmental reporting including social media analytics
- Assists with the inventory and maintenance of the department’s marketing closet
- Coordinates the distribution of promotional items for stakeholder groups as necessary
- Assists with project-based tasks as required
- Completes miscellaneous tasks and duties as assigned
The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, possess strong writing skills and come equipped with a “can-do” attitude. Other qualifications include:
- Understanding of basic principles of corporate communications and public relations
- Familiar with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Strong editing and writing skills.
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style
- Microsoft Office – highly proficient in PowerPoint
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Energetic, proactive and creative
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Proficient working in a Mac environment
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign considered an asset
- Completion of university or college degree and enrolled in a post-graduate certificate program in PR or Corporate Communications with an internship requirement for graduation
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.