407 ETR is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic intern to assist with the management and execution of our Sponsorships and Donations program. This position reports into the Director of Communications and Government Relations and works closely with the Program Manager to execute communications campaigns and tactics in support of our community investments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
No task should be considered too big or too small for the successful candidate.
- Plays a critical role in administering 407 ETR’s sponsorship and donation program which provides funding in support of hospitals, youth sports, environmental stewardship and community partners across the Greater Toronto Area.
- Coordinates and assists with content creation for a variety of mediums; developing tactics and drafting copy for website, customer emails, social media, and out-of-home advertising.
- Tracks community investment tactics to gauge program success; provides regular status updates and oversees the development of related reports.
- Liaises with community partners as required to fulfill community investment activities.
- Assists in the development and execution of sponsorship and brand campaigns.
- Conducts timely analysis and evaluation of the success of campaigns and tracks all efforts through quantitative analysis and reporting.
- Provides recommendations for new and unique opportunities to further promote the 407 ETR brand within its existing set of community partners and community investments.
- Performs other duties to support the Communications & Government Relations department, as needed.
The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, possess strong writing skills and come equipped with a “can-do” attitude. Other qualifications include:
- Working towards an undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications or public relations
- 1+ year of related work experience is a bonus
- Knowledge of social media platforms and multi-channel communications strategies
- A highly-organized person with strong project-management skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of Canadian Press Style
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.