Health Equipment Loan Program - Cleaning and Maintenance Volunteer
Do you enjoy working with others and making a difference in your community? Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people every day? Do you want to help the Canadian Red Cross help vulnerable people by providing much needed support to those who need it the most?
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) Cleaning and Maintenance Volunteer. Reporting to the Community Health Coordinator, this position will clean, maintain and perform basic repairs of Red Cross Health equipment.
The HELP Cleaning and Maintenance volunteer ensures that clients receive equipment that is of the highest standard of safety by inspecting, cleaning and disinfecting equipment, and by making adjustments and repairs as required.
- Systematically inspect equipment according to set guidelines and identify repairs and perform routine maintenance required according to set standards and procedures
- Replace broken or worn-out parts as needed.
- Operates hand and power tools in accordance with proper procedures
- Clean and disinfect returned equipment according to Red Cross standards and procedures.
- Operate reprocessing equipment in accordance with proper procedures
- Ensure all equipment is labeled and numbered according to inventory control and brand standards.
- Ensure equipment is stored safely in warehouse.
- Documents equipment inspection and repair as directed by supervisor.
- Carries out shipping and receiving of equipment as required.
- Follows Red Cross policies and procedures related to health, safety and quality to ensure employee, volunteer and client safety.
- Participates and promotes completion of mandatory health and safety education/orientation.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
- Performs other duties as required
- The minimum qualifications for this job are a minimum of two years safe driving experience and the ability to safely handle equipment up to (50 - 80 lbs).
- Mechanical aptitude with experience in using hand and power tools, working with parts and operating machinery.
- Strong customer service skills and communications skills, verbal and written.
- A valid provincial driver’s license and a satisfactory driver’s abstract is required.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check as well as a vulnerable sector check is required.
- Familiarity with computers and inventory control systems is a definite asset.
- Experience with seniors, cognitively impaired and physically disabled clients would be considered an asset.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in fast paced environment.
- The majority of time the work is performed in a warehouse space that is mostly clean and comfortable.
- This position involves long periods of standing and frequent reaching and bending.
- Hours of work for this position may vary.
- Personal protective equipment will be supplied as required.
- CSA Grade 1 footwear may be required with partial reimbursement of cost.
Apply now to join our local Red Cross team and become a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, input your e-mail address and password below to login. Once logged in, you will be able to see the status of your prior applications and apply for new positions. If the login fails with one email, please try all other possible email addresses you may have used in the past.