|Back to Search Results
Advanced Technician, Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
|Location:||CAN - BC - Kelowna Branch|
|Empl./Engagement Status:||Permanent Full Time|
|Closing Date:||Posted until filled|
* Job postings close at midnight, Eastern Time Zone (EST)
Status: Permanent Full-Time
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Advanced Technician in the HELP program.
Reporting to the Equipment Supply Associate, HELP, or designate, this position reprocesses, delivers and installs HELP basic and advanced equipment to clients in the BC Southern Interior. The Advanced Technician also supports HELP technical volunteers.
• Cleans and disinfects health equipment, according to standards.
• Inspects, repairs and maintains health equipment, according to standards.
• Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and carries out repairs, following manufacturer’s specifications.
• Documents repairs and maintains up-to-date equipment records in inventory management system.
• Delivers, installs and picks up equipment to/from clients’ homes.
• Instructs clients and caregivers in the proper use and maintenance of equipment.
• Transports equipment between HELP sites and delivers, installs and picks up equipment from clients’ homes, as per established procedures.
Education and Experience:
The minimum requirements for the job include completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education in a related field, a minimum of two (2) years of job-related work experience, including mechanical and repair experience, truck driving delivery, client services, and volunteer management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 80lbs
• Demonstrated mechanical ability and able to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong verbal communication skills and client service skills
• Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within past 2 years (or required to take within probationary period)
• A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License
• Training in health equipment repair
• Experience working with volunteers and diverse populations
• 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday. Work varies from warehouse to delivery of equipment.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods and safely operate a vehicle for deliveries, which can be up to 75% of the day.
• May be required to work out of other HELP locations in the BC Southern Interior.
• This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, extended health, dental, life insurance, paid vacation and a pension plan.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
Returning Canadian Red Cross applicant? Log in here!
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, input your e-mail address and password below to login. Once logged in, you will be able to see the status of your prior applications and apply for new positions. If the login fails with one email, please try all other possible email addresses you may have used in the past.
Please note: applications submitted by email will not be reviewed.