Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking an Assistant, Volunteer Resources.
We are hiring an Assistant, Volunteer Resources to join our Volunteer Resources team this summer. In this position, you will improve your skills and gain valuable work experience in your area of study by working with outstanding professionals and learning about The Canadian Red Cross. As an organization focused on collaboration and team work, we provide opportunities for youths to share ideas and perspectives. For the Canadian Red Cross, the Youth Program is an opportunity to identify highly skilled talent for future positions.
Within this team, you will be required to provide support to a range of tasks to our Volunteer Resources Team. Tasks will include but not limited to:
- Administrative support to the Volunteer Resources team - updating volunteer information; data verification, creating and maintaining spreadsheets
- Backfill during staff vacations - managing the generic volunteer inbox and answering enquires from volunteers and staff
- Adminstrative support to various volunteer working committees
- Support on current projects: gathering and analyzing data, updating documents and files, keeping notes, providing input
- Support administratively during times of response - i.e. validating expense forms, assisting with reports
- Completion of a high school diploma and one to two years of education towards a Business degree or diploma in the field of Human Resources or Volunteer Management;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are essential and French is considered a definite asset;
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and build positive internal and external relationships.
- Superior organization and time management skills;
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office applications. Experience with Sharepoint or Raiser’s Edge an asset;
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information;
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check or Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC) is required
- Various learning and networking opportunities as well as building of professional skills;
- Positive and professional work environment;
- Learning and development opportunities if supporting an emergency response;
- Opportunity to make a difference
Duties are principally conducted remotely at your home. Hours of work are based on 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. The successful candidate for this position must be available to work a flexible work period, some evening and weekend work may be required. Domestic travel within the Greater Toronto Area may be required.