Do you want to make a difference and contribute to the CRC COVID-19 response? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Risk Advisor to support CRC operations in Long-term care facilities in Quebec.
The Risk Advisor, LTC will provide technical risk, quality and incident and complaints support to CRC personnel and site management to ensure risks related to LTC operations are monitored including ensuring that risk reduction and mitigation measures have been implemented. This will include a responsibility to be deployed and on site at Long-Term Care Facilities primarily in low risk environments with personal protective equipment. This will be an opportunity to instrumentalize and operationalize risk experiences.
The Risk Advisor will support the CRC Risk Team, Corporate Services in risk management and incident management process and reporting. Additionally, this position will support quality and compliance as it relates to CRC contractual obligations, adherence to relevant protocols and guidelines and quality service delivery standards.
The Risk Advisor will report to the Director of Incidents, Insurance and Risk for incident management processes and reporting. The Risk Advisor will report to the Director of Risk for Risk Management, risk reduction and mitigation measures. The Risk Advisor will provide advisory services to the LTC Site Lead in the areas related to risk, quality and compliance.
In this role you will:
- Support the Site lead in monitoring risks and continued implementation of risk reduction and mitigation measures.
- Identify to Risk Function risk reduction and mitigations measures that could be implemented across multiples sites to further reduce risk
- Follow-up on issues including compliance, facility specific issues (i.e. zoning, etc.) as identified by Health and Safety Advisor and or Site Lead
- Support development and adjustments of existing CRC COVID-19 materials to address specific site requirements.
- Informs the Site lead and Risk Function of any emerging concerns from including where the risk appetite of the Society is being threatened or is at risk.
- Promote inclusive risk management culture by supporting risk management communication and dialogue and encouraging risk management-based decision making.
- Provide management support for effective functioning of the risk management unit while being a strong individual contributor to a high performing team
- Based on the request of the Site Lead, provide technical risk advice and follow-up with LTC facility and other health agencies on SOPs, IPC, PPE, Health and Safety, referral when needed
- Coordinating with the Health and Safety Advisor (for health specific regulations) and the Site Manager to ensure alignment to relevant regulations, polices and legal frameworks
- Provide support for to Health and Safety advisor and Site Lead in review of protocols and site specific documents as needed to ensure alignment to relevant regulations, polices and legal frameworks
- Participate and lead (as required) COVID-19 incident management at the FOT level.
- Track incident and monitor all FOT incidents.
- Support incident documentation and follow-up risk reduction measures.
- Support for reporting incidents. Linking closely with CRC Site Manager and Risk function for additional incident management support.
- Provides rapid alert to Risk senior management regarding serious incidents, identify emerging concerns and makes recommendations according. Support follow-up and implementation of risk mitigation and risk reduction actions.
- Participates and supports documentation as requested on Critical Incident Management team.
- Support the Health and Safety Advisor in ensuring the team members are completing the daily IPC logbook and that daily summaries are provided to CRC Site Manager.
- Provide training and respond to questions related to incident management for CRC staff on site
- Support Leadership in monitoring and adherence to the compliance requirements such as to contract scope and including reporting obligations
- Monitoring and supporting adherence to the quality plan for the LTC engagement including escalation of compliance issues to the Risk function
- Assist in identification of corrective and preventive measures
- Assist in updating the standard operating procedures for the specific site, coordinating close with other team members
- Assist in troubleshooting overall quality concerns throughout the facility or within specific site operations
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes
- Conduct well documented and timely compliance reviews and reports on site
- Contribute to continuous learning in performance and quality review of new service line, documenting and sharing lessons learned
- Support the Site Lead to track mechanisms for implementation of the recommendations from compliance reviews and quality evaluations and report the status on regular basis.
We’re Looking for:
- Differing types of backgrounds and experience are welcome and could include university degree in arts, social science, law, risk management, business administration or a combination of education and experience which could include investigative work, business analysists, compliance review, documentation, etc. that would be considered equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant risk management, program and project management, process development or quality compliance experience, preferably in non-for profit or humanitarian organization contexts
- Experience developing risk, program management or strategic documents, tools and procedures.
- Experience in monitoring emerging issues that could impact organizational programs and providing options for consideration to minimize impact.
- Fluent in French and English, high proficiency in French required as this will be the primary working language
- Strong written, documentation and oral communication skills
- Able to coordinate with authorities and foster effective working relationships with health stakeholders at various levels
- Solution oriented
- Attention to detail
- Interest and capacity to deploy operationally
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and ability to anticipate barriers and opportunities.
- Strong team work as well as communication, and with strong time management skills
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Commitment to gender equality, protection and social inclusion
- Strong Microsoft Word skills and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice including weekends
- Valid Driver’s License
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.