The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Administrative Assistant Summer Student in the Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP). Reporting to the HELP Partner Service Associate, this position assists with the coordination and provision HELP services to Partner Service clients, provides follow up to program clients and referring health professionals and assists the Partner Services Associate in the day-to-day operational duties of service. September 30, 2020 is the anticipated end date.
- Reviews the Monthly Equipment Status Report (ESR) and follows up with clients or health care professionals regarding the ERSs that were not returned
- Confirms with clients that equipment is still in use and in good working condition
- Advises Assistant Coordinator when equipment is in need of return or repair
- Tracks progress of ESR follow up on the shared ESR spreadsheet
- Follows up regarding returned ESR letters by contacting the client/family or the health care professional to update records with current client information
- Enters client notes for every interaction with/about clients
- Enters database with current client information
- Responds to client incidents, and prepares incident reports in a timely manner
- In collaboration with the Partner Services Associate, interprets and follows program policies and contract provisions and communicates them to health professionals and clients as required
- Reports and consults with Assistant Coordinator regarding vulnerable client needs
- Forwards inquiries from clients, health care professionals and the public to Assistant Coordinator regarding program eligibility
- Other tasks as required by the program
- Integrates volunteer resources within the scope of responsibilities, as required.
- Participates in disaster planning, preparation and response, as required.
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Education and Experience
- Attending post-secondary during a regular calendar school year in health services or a related field
- 1 year administrative work and office procedures
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Experience working with vulnerable clients and client families.
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check and a satisfactory vulnerable sector check
Skills and Abilities
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Outlook, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, including telephone etiquette
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to manage conflict/difficult situations
- Ability to effectively solve problems
- Proven competence in data entry.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Standard First Aid training, or willingness to take training
- Knowledge of medical equipment
- Fluency in additional languages
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm (may be flexible)
- 35 hour work week
- The majority of the work is performed in an office and warehouse environment.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check.
If you have previously applied to a position on our website, input your e-mail address and password below to login. Once logged in, you will be able to see the status of your prior applications and apply for new positions. If the login fails with one email, please try all other possible email addresses you may have used in the past.