4 Month Temporary Casual Position
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking Long Term Care Operations Manager as part of our Long Term Care Team work force. This is a Term full-time position until March 31, 2021 with the possibility of extension. Must be able to deploy on site on as needed basis (Winnipeg).
Reporting to the Manitoba EM Senior Manager, the Long Term Care Operations Manager will organize, coordinate and align services within the scope of the project and will serve as a key liaison person for internal and external partners, agencies, and government. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure the operational planning, budget monitoring and projections and project adjustments are implemented, managed and reported on as required. The Operations Manager, through coordination and consultation with key leaders, will recommend and implement approved changes to the client service delivery model to ensure programs are client focused and of high quality. They will provide leadership, coordination and/or supervision and direction to Site Teams, Virtual Operations, Systems and other focal or SME leads to ensure a consistent and coherent direction and practices in the delivery of services and in accordance with the Service Delivery Framework, the CRCS Fundamental Principles and the Mission.
Who you are:
You possess strong leadership skills – give clear instructions and delegate, make informed decisions, able to problem solve, provide coaching and feedback to volunteers, support team environment.
You can resolve conflict, which includes active listening, mediation/negotiation, develop solutions and options with a win/win approach, appropriate assertiveness toward problem, managing emotions.
Your communication is clear, concise, confident and you have the ability to influence others.
You work well within a team and are respectful, approachable and build strong relationships within a team.
- You are calm during a crisis and don’t allow emotions to get in the way, don’t take things personal, stay positive, respond decisively and take accountability.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration.
Meaningful Work: you and your team will provide daily support to those impacted by COVID-19.
In this role you will:
- Model, lead, support and provide guidance to the Long Term Care Teams in maintaining strong and positive relationships with external stakeholders, ensuring high quality of client services, adherence to partner standards and protocols;
- Perform needs assessment to identify immediate and evolving needs of the overall operations and make recommendation as appropriate;
- In collaboration with the Technical and Virtual Team Managers, provide operation specific leadership, direction and coordination for the ongoing management of activities and address issues as they arise;
- Monitor and ensure capacity, effectiveness and quality within Client Service delivery structure operation;
- Ensure health, safety, security and safe work practices relevant to the operation are in place, monitored and continually assessed;
- Meet regularly with the project managers and supervisors to gather information, evaluate and determine operational needs;
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the relevant authorities and stakeholders;
- To participate in and represent the CRC at coordination meetings, as well as liaise with relevant government authorities, and operating agencies as appropriate;
We’re looking for:
- Completion of a University Degree in Disaster Management, Emergency Management, Health, Social Services or community Development and/or an equivalent experience;
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in a management position;
- Experience with the Red Cross and a leadership role in a minimum of one relief or recovery operation;
- Experience in managing teams working in Epidemic or Pandemic operations is an asset
- Experience in client facing work that includes emergency social services or case management is an asset;
The work may be performed in a home based or office environment which is mostly clean and comfortable.
Candidates working from home must have reliable access to a computer, high speed internet, a phone and a private, secure workspace.
Must be able to work full time hours including non-traditional hours which may include daytime, evenings and weekends as required
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.