As an Intermediate or Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of multifaceted projects in an organization with a long and impressive history of delivering large-scale world class projects for our clients. This position, based out of our Saskatoon, Saskatchewan office, will provide you with the opportunity to be engaged in the ongoing growth of our Saskatchewan operations.
KCB continues to be a leader in engineering, geoscience and environmental consulting and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada and abroad. In this role you will help us grow the Saskatoon office and advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Be a Project Manager and Technical Lead of multi-disciplinary teams working on civil/geotechnical engineering projects in the following practice areas:
- civil and geotechnical engineering for water supply/management, power generation, and mining clients (assessments, investigations, instrumentation, analysis and designs for rehabilitation, decommissioning/closure of dams and appurtenant facilities, tendering, and construction administration).
- dam safety assignments for civil and mining dams (dam safety reviews and inspections, annual performance reviews, instrumentation data reviews).
- highway and railway geohazard engineering (assessments, investigations, instrumentation, design, tendering, construction administration).
- Build and maintain client relationships and engage in business development activities to grow the company’s service offerings.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team environment that fosters career development.
- Travel within western and northern Canada, primarily Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, and Yukon Territory.
- Work on our Canadian and international projects.
If you are registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering and a minimum of 6 years of related experience, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong design/analysis skills, especially in geotechnical stability analysis of earthfill embankments, soil foundations and tailings storage facilities.
- Experience in preparing drawings and specifications for tendering and construction.
- Proven site investigation and construction experience encompassing our practice areas.
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in writing proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with multidisciplinary project teams.
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients.
- Proven project management capabilities and ability to get assignments completed on time and within budget.
- Commitment to safety.
- Experience in AutoCAD or Civil 3D
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, water resources, transportation, and oil and gas sectors from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, USA and United Kingdom.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1546-A20.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.