Field Engineer - Electrical
Power and Transportation Group
The Power and Transportation group has openings for Electrical Engineers and technicians. This is an excellent opportunity to gain required field skills to help advance your career. It is an 18 to 36-month opportunity commencing June 1, 2022.
- This position is camp based in northern B.C., working two weeks on site and one week off shift, with the possibility of night shift rotations.
- Travel costs are covered from your home location to site.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License in Good Standing is a condition of employment
- A mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol test is a condition of employment
- All hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID
- Project overview: Site C: Clean power for 450,000 homes - YouTube
- Current construction progress overview: BC Hydro Site C - Winter 2021 - 2022 Quarterly Overview - YouTube
Duties will include:
- Execution of activities related to construction and instillation of structures for a clean energy mega-project
- Develop a strong understanding of each contract’s scope/specifications/Issued for Construction Drawings and contractor prepared drawings/submittals, to ensure each contractor’s work activities are completed in conformance with the contract and design/approved work methods
- Be a leader in the ability to collaborate with, support, and assist other disciplines such as, mechanical, electrical, civil, quality management, construction management and project management
- Review and participate in sign off of quality control/assurance documentation relating to the contractor witness and hold points as required by contract documents, IFC drawings and ITP’s
- Coordination with multiple stakeholders, including consultants and contractors
- Active participation in all HSE protocols
The ideal candidates:
- Holds a recognized degree in Electrical Engineering with eligibility or existing status as engineering in training (E.I.T.) or a Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) designation with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC). Technicians with existing field experience would also be considered.
- Electrical engineering design and/or field experience in heavy civil construction and industrial applications
- Experience in commissioning, maintenance or construction management is an asset
- Experience with general layout drawings; material lists; and cable schedules
- A working knowledge of power systems, grounding, governors, protection and control equipment and instrumentation
- Strong written and verbal English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare technical reports, memos, and presentations.
- Ability to work 10 or more hours a day for 14 consecutive days.
Klohn Crippen Berger is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading engineering consultants for 70 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, UK and the US. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé quoting the job reference number 1802-P22 at www.klohn.com
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.