Competition No. 22-02
As part of Kruger Publication Papers division, Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is a quality leader in the manufacture of newsprint, and holds the Sustainable Forest Initiative Certification as well as being self-sufficient on energy between Deer Lake Power Generation, Steam Power and Steam Recovery. We aim to be fully reliant on clean energy.
The Maintenance Supervisor, reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, is responsible for the day to day execution of all maintenance in the mill. This position is responsible to supervise members of electrical and mechanical trades.
- Adhere to, and promote company safety and environmental policies.
- Coach the maintenance team on leadership values and work assignments.
- Ensure equipment availability and reliability through preventive and predictive maintenance activities.
- Participate in team problem solving activities to address operating area issues.
- Ensure accurate documentation of work history in support of the Maintenance Management System.
- Support measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the Department.
- Post secondary degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, and/or an Interprovincial (Red Seal) Certificate in a mechanical or electrical trade.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in a supervisory role in a maintenance or manufacturing environment. Work experience in a Pulp and Paper environment is considered an asset.
- Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Technology background is an asset
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate team members.
- Engineers must be registered, or be eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, strong analytical and problem solving ability, and solid project management skills are essential.
- The Successful candidate must be able to work evening and weekends when required
Why work at Kruger?
At Kruger, we believe in giving our employees the space to grow, within a dynamic and stimulating environment, nurturing their development, encouraging their involvement, and enriching their professional lives. It’s no wonder many of our employees have been with us for a long time.
- Fourth-generation company,
- Founded in 1904
- Leader in pulp and paper industry
- 5,000 employees
- 10 activity sectors
- 19 manufacturing sites across North America
- Strong corporate responsibility: Environmental stewardship,
- Health & Safety highest standards, Community engagement