The Energy Storage Developer supports our energy storage development efforts as a key pillar of executing Kruger Energy’s strategic plan.
As part of the mandate, the candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of the energy storage market, including value drivers, general opportunities and an understanding of key players in these markets. The ideal candidate must be able to both manage and create opportunities, engage with industry by building relationships and partnerships with various market stakeholders (developers, suppliers, contractors, utilities, customers, etc.), develop successful projects, and inform the execution of the strategic plan.
The incumbent reports to the Director of Energy Storage
- As a focused position on energy storage, the candidate must be at the forefront of developments and opportunities in the energy storage sector in the United States and Canada and be able to make recommendations.
- Develop and execute energy storage projects in North America, in particular the North East United States, as well other U.S. jurisdictions and in Canada.
- Develop strong business and commercial relationships with potential customers, partners and stakeholders, in order to continue to build Kruger Energy's positioning in the energy storage and renewable energy market.
- Act as Kruger Energy's U.S. energy storage representative and help influence and "shape" the market, regulatory framework, and conditions for a vibrant and growing industry in various jurisdictions. Represent Kruger Energy at various local or regional associations and authorities.
- Evaluate and prepare recommendations for energy storage projects and acquisitions by conducting technical and economic analyses in the context of project development or due diligence reviews. Support presenting these recommendations to Kruger Inc.'s senior management in order to obtain their approval for new business opportunities.
- Execute and lead energy storage projects from conception to construction. More specifically, be accountable, for all related aspects of project development, including, customer and utility relations, permitting, land acquisition, general stakeholder relations, project schedule, project modelling, etc.
- Support construction and operation of projects, and in particular, support efforts to optimize and adapt existing operational sites as required to maximize value.
- Coordinate the preparation of calls for tenders, RFPs and calls for qualifications for energy storage project opportunities in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience, including strong experience in energy storage and development experience.
- Located in U.S., preferably in North East U.S.
- Ability to read the market and seize investment opportunities.
- Strong sense of entrepreneurship.
- Market and technical knowledge developed in the field of energy storage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances, needs, and development business models.
- Results-oriented independent self-starter that is persistent and likes challenges.
- Team player and organized.
- Availability to travel on a regular basis, by car and/or plane (e.g. to project/customer sites, conferences, other stakeholder sites).
- Fluency in English. French language skills is a bonus.