Kruger Energy is seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional to lead the development efforts of sub 5MW solar projects in New York State. As part of the mandate, the candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of the New York solar development environment.
The Community Solar Senior Developer will lead the development tasks related to land acquisition, permitting, interconnection process, regulatory compliance, environmental studies and all other tasks necessary for the successful development of solar projects. The candidate will create business opportunities inside the regulatory and utility environments, and become an expert on all solar development incentives.
The position reports to the Senior Director, Origination
▪ Structuring, negotiating and managing land agreements and local tax agreements;
▪ Manage local government permitting process and environmental studies;
▪ Manage the utility interconnection process;
▪ Manage consultants, external stakeholders and other third parties to ensure project success;
▪ Work and coordinate with experts on project design;
▪ Manage budgets, milestones, schedules, and deliverables;
▪ Manage application to various solar incentive programs;
▪ Gather market intelligence and create strong relationships with appropriate government, regulatory and utility officials to maximize approval process, revenue and incentive mechanisms;
▪ Manage contracts and coordinate consultants for needed professional services including outside environmental, engineering and legal;
▪ Coordinate development efforts with Kruger Energy engineering, financial and accounting teams;
▪ Provide local representation for all aspects project of project development.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, engineering or other relevant field
• Minimum 8-12 years of relevant experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to be self-motivated and sense of entrepreneurship
• Strong organizational skills and rigor
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional, multi-departmental tasks
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Candidate must be articulated, motivated, independent, creative and organized.