Replacement for maternity leave (16 months) - Wtih a possibility of an extension
The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for all accounting for the entities under his/her responsibility including financial reporting, cash management, budgeting process and external auditing. The Financial Reporting Accountant ensures that accounting is complete and accurate, and that timely financial information is reported internally and externally on a monthly basis. The Financial Information Accountant also ensures that internal controls are functioning properly and are tested periodically.
The Financial Reporting Accountant reports to the Director of Finances of Kruger Energy
- General accounting, including general ledger, journal entries, account analysis, intercompany balances, fixed assets, month ends, JD Edward systems and Cognos Controller financial consolidation software
- Preparation of internal financial statements, reporting of financial information and monthly observations
- Support the CFO in the preparation of external financial reports (monthly/quarterly to financial institutions)
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for the entities under his/her responsibility
- Actively participate in the preparation of the annual external audit
- Analyze variances in the expenses of the company's services and follow up with the cost center managers
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of policies, controls and procedures relevant to accounting, budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc reporting
- Ensure that site management has implemented appropriate internal controls and procedures and ensure the proper functioning of these controls
- Participate in the validation of internal controls as per 52-109
- Participate in other projects or mandates for the finance department
The accounting and reporting requirements relate to all financial aspects of the business, including the Canadian operating sites, which represent approximately $130 million in sales and $1 billion in assets.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Commerce, Accounting.
- At least three (3) years of relevant accounting and business experience, including financial reporting, auditing and taxation. Industry experience is an asset.
- Hold a professional accounting designation (CPA, CA or CPA Auditor preferred).
- Very good knowledge of Excel and major financial systems (JD Edwards preferred).
- Ability to work with a variety of people at different levels of management, at the sites and at the head office.
- Bilingualism in English and French is essential.
- Knowledge of IFRS standards.