The role of this position is to plan, organize, direct, and control all activities related to the management of the accounting department of the information technology team.
The Controller, IT is responsible for guiding the IT leadership with the budget process and overall monitoring of IT costs, monitoring of project costs and budget reporting.
More specifically, they will guide IT directors and project managers with the monitoring of operational costs, development projects and business solution improvement projects (OPEX). The planning, execution and control of major capital projects (CAPEX) will also be part of the controller’s scope of duties in order to ensure that the financial management of major projects is monitored and to deliver them on time and within approved budgets. They will be responsible for accounting control, financial monitoring and the reliability of the group's accounting and financial information. They will ensure that corporate policies and directives are applied and respected and works closely with the corporate accounting department.
In addition to the administrative aspect, this role is also responsible for structuring and monitoring performance indicators developed in collaboration with project managers, providing support in defining processes, as well as in the deployment and training related to certain projects.
Establishment and tracking of the IT budget
• Support the IT Leadership team with the annual budget process and produce the support material for approvals and the various "Charge backs" of the budget funding.
• Be the contact person for all financial issues for the IT team, follow up on contract signature and vendor ND&A, PO issues, vendor and finance team issues in collaboration with Indirect Procurement Management and the Executive Assistant of the IT department.
• Follow up on IT OPEX costs and ensure their update in collaboration with the IT leadership.
• Produce the monthly financial follow-up of OPEX IT Actuals versus Budget, review them with the IT Directors for finalization with Corporate Finance and the VP IT.
• Produce the QUARTERLY financial follow-up of the IT OPEX Actuals versus Budget and make forecasts of future expenses and review with the IT Directors the "Quarterly Budget Forecast" (LE1, LE2, LE3).
• Contribute to the elaboration of the department's strategic plan and to the establishment of annual objectives to be achieved according to key performance indicators.
• Ensure the application and respect of corporate policies and directives by working in close collaboration with the corporate accounting team.
• Coordinate and ensure the follow-up of grant programs or any other financial assistance programs, if applicable.
Development and financial monitoring of Major Programs (CAPEX) involving a strong IT
• Produce, support, and prepare the Change of Fund Request Forms (CFP) for CAPEX projects and make the support material for the approvals + adjust the different charge back of the project funding.
• Produces financial monitoring of projects, reviews and updates project plans with project managers and ensures that financial deliverables meet quality standards and original objectives.
• Support the KBS Corporate Program Manager with the application process for fund appropriation request (RA) for CAPEX projects and make the support material for approvals + produce the various project funding charge backs / RA.
Monitoring of IT Priorities and Major Programs (CAPEX) involving a strong IT contribution
• Ensures diligent monitoring of progress and tracking of project costs and schedules; assists in budget and cost planning and estimates for all aspects of technology projects, including all internal costs and external supplier costs for products and services.
• Support/Guide the IT Leadership team and Project Managers with the quality review and assembly of reports and documentation required for the IT-KBS governance meetings held between the VP IT and Business Unit Leaders.
• Prepare the documents necessary for the project follow-up for the various meetings and ensure the logistics; assist the Project Manager during the follow-up meetings.
• University degree in business administration, finance, computer science, or equivalent
• 5 years of relevant experience in project control and financial monitoring
• Mastering project management processes & tools.
• Knowledge and experience of accounting systems and ERP systems (JD Edwards would be a key asset)
• Demonstrated skills with MS Office Suite, including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel. MS Project is an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Solid knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards
• Strong critical and analytical mind; superior learning capacity.
• Autonomy, initiative, and sense of responsibility; teamwork skills.
• Ability to manage priorities, plan and organize one's work.
• Good ability to vulgarize, write, document.
• The incumbent of this position will be required to travel occasionally.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, both in English and French