PROFILE: WRITING AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
The Communications Advisor plays a key role in the Communications team at Kruger’s Head Office, first and foremost as an expert writer and creator of impeccable content.
The Communications Advisor also advises senior management, corporate services and the Company’s various business units regarding strategies and the execution of communication plans.
He/she is recognized for her expertise in public affairs and has also a strong interest in internal communications which will result in the development and implementation of innovative strategies to mobilize and engage Kruger’s employees.
- Draft the Company’s key communication material (news releases, speeches, letters, memos, etc.);
- Develop and execute communication plans for the Company’s employees and divisions;
- Produce internal and external communication tools (research, design, draft and revise);
- Manage and organize events (press conferences, virtual events, media events, internal events, etc.); and
- Create content for the Company’s various internal and external platforms (intranet, website, social media, internal newsletter, videos, etc.).
- University degree in communications, journalism, public relations, writing or in a related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in corporate communications or public affairs;
- Proven experience in writing and translation; excellent proofreading and revision skills;
- Outgoing personality, curious, proactive and dynamic;
- Strategic mind and ability to quickly understand corporate issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage a high volume of requests in a complex environment;
- High degree of autonomy, rigour and professionalism;
- Ability to understand and simplify technical and specialized concepts;
- Asset: team management experience to be able to replace the Communications Manager during her maternity leave.
- Bilingualism essential, both oral and written;
- Impeccable grammar in English and French;