Who are we?
In addition to the traditional sectors that have earned Kruger an excellent reputation worldwide, such as pulp and paper and paperboard and packaging, Kruger is active in areas as diverse as renewable energy, wine and spirits, household and institutional paper products and recycling!
What you stand to gain by choosing Kruger or What we offer:
- Generous vacation program
- Access to a telemedicine service
- Cell phone
- Work from home
- Competitive group insurance
- A pension plan
- Continuing education programs
- Developmental activities
- Paid professional certification.
Are you an engineer known for your initiative, your autonomy, your team spirit and your sense of judgment? Do you have advanced knowledge in process control and automated systems? The following is for you.
Here's what your day-to-day life will be like as an Engineer at Kruger:
- Acts as a strategic link in process control optimization between the plant operations and maintenance departments. Works closely with clients to identify issues and generate effective solutions;
- Identify solutions to operational issues and opportunities for plant optimization;
- Design projects, develop proposed solutions and required investments and justify solutions;
- Plan, coordinate and execute projects under his responsibility in cooperation with the various plants and departments involved;
- Follow-up on the financial aspects of projects and ensure the quality and conformity of work and equipment;
- Supervise the deployment of control strategies and optimize automation systems (PLC and distributed systems) and follow up to ensure their efficiency and reliability;
- Ensures compliance with project management best practices;
- Support the optimization team in the implementation of innovative control strategies to minimize the thermal and electrical energy consumption of the plants;
About the team
You will report to the Director, Project and Optimization. As an Electrical and Optimization Engineer, you will act as an advisor and catalyst to plants in the identification and implementation of initiatives and projects aimed at integrating and optimizing process control technologies and strategies to improve plant profitability. You will develop solutions, identify their financial potential, and support their implementation in collaboration with local operations teams.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the workforce;
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Experience in project management, automation and control;
- Good knowledge of the pulp and paper industry.
- Fluency in spoken and written French
- Functional English
- Ability to generate innovative solutions and demonstrate their value
- Advanced knowledge in process control and automated systems
- Advanced knowledge of project management
- Good organizational, planning and priority management skills
- Good learning skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good knowledge of various computer programs (MS Project, AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Access,) and computer networks
At Kruger, we believe in giving our employees the space to grow in a dynamic and stimulating environment, to encourage their development, and to enrich their professional lives. That's why many of our employees have been with us for a long time.
Regardless of your role within the organization, we believe that everyone can actively contribute to the success of the company. You'll feel included and inspired as we foster a sense of belonging that allows you to fully realize your potential at work.
Engagement is at the heart of everything we do. Our concern for people's well-being is reflected in our commitment to providing our employees with a stimulating, healthy and safe workplace.
Launch your career with our organization and join our great family!
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.