As an Industry 4.0 Specialist, you will support the Packaging operation and engineering group in the development, implementation and operation of Industry 4.0 initiatives and tools including internet of things (IoT), big data analytics, artificial intelligence, defect detection, predictive maintenance, vision systems and augmented reality.
We are looking for amazing talent who is a strong team player and passionate about technology solutions, understand the value and importance of data and is empowered to solve complex problems This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a team that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing.
- Understand manufacturing requirements and processes/work methods and translate them into digital solutions.
- Act as a project manager (being responsible for the project scope, time and budget), leading the rollout of new solutions.
- Take responsibility in delivering the Industry 4.0 roadmap, act as the business unit coordinator, recommend sites strategy and lead the execution and the harvesting of the results.
- Maintain stability of released digital solutions through root cause analysis of critical issues, develop and perform corrections to stabilize and improve the system.
- Be responsible for proposing appropriate (and innovative) tools or processes to improve the operations by staying current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the business unit excel.
- Provide training and documentation on the developed solutions.
- Promote reusability, scalability, and performance.
- A degree in information technology, computer science, engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, information systems, information science or a related quantitative field [or equivalent work experience] is required.
- Experienced in manufacturing environment with a strong IT background.
- Familiarity with systems technology, including hardware and networking equipment.
- Good knowledge of instrumentation and control, configurations, fault finding and installation standards.
- Good understanding of MES systems (ex: OsiSoft PI).
- Good understanding of MES integration with other solutions.
- Experience in the field of automation or IoT would be an advantage.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.