Reporting into the Director, Customer relations and planning, the production planner is in charge of scheduling the production for the mills of the publication & specialty paper and containerboard divisions, and manages volume and delivery dates of the sales orders. The Production Planner considers multiple manufacturing and logistics parameters with the objective to maximize efficiency and minimize costs. The incumbent also assists the sales administration team in the analysis of operational data.
- Working in synergy with sales, customer service, transportation, sales accounting and mill teams, the production planner will propose and optimize the logistics taking into consideration customer requirements and forecast, production constraints, transportation costs and best mill net options.
- Collaborate with all the master planners to ensure standardization of the process and usage of the available tools.
- Plans and schedules production of the sales orders across the mills, maximizing trim. The incumbent is the liaison between the Customer Service Representative (CSR) and the mill production team, proposing alternatives/solutions when there are discrepancies between the planned schedule and mill production.
- Supports successful system implementation in CB with additional modules to allow the planner to create an optimized production plan based on complex logistics constraints.
- Helps optimize machine output and minimize costs by assisting the HO planners with the pre-trim system implementation and the production planning processes.
- Supports the usage of the different planning systems maintaining internal support roles and documentation.
- Supports the logistics execution required by the mills.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management / logistics, or equivalent.
- 5-10 of relevant experience, in planning and/or logistics/warehousing.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer focus oriented with an operational / hands-on approach.
- Superior analytical and learning skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to create/maintain solid relationships.
- Ability to innovate and build creative solutions.
- Solid software and system competencies.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge of SAP, JDEdwards or in any ERP system (as asset).
- Good verbal and written communication skills, both in English and French.