The Project Manager will oversee the successful completion of the projects under his/her responsibility, ensuring they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. The incumbent will lead multidisciplinary teams providing direction, drive, coordination and support in all aspects of the project, from, setting deadlines, assign resources and responsibilities, monitor progress and keep Internal and external stakeholders informed the entire duration of the project.
The project manager will establish priorities, have effective work methods, and achieve the objectives on time. The incumbent must be independent, resourceful and can solve problems creatively.
- Ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time, and cost constraints that may be clearly defined, or require dynamic change management to deliver business value.
- Analyze project scope to make recommendations on estimated time frames and appropriate processes for accomplishing work.
- Work with leadership to identify opportunities and establish objectives for assigned projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks and prepare the appropriate planning documentation.
- Implement project communication plans and ensure continuous, clear, concise, and timely communication with respect to decisions and changes.
- Perform risk assessment and implement mitigation plans.
- Monitor project activities, ensuring the quality and the integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and approach.
- Manage project plan to ensure timelines and key milestones are met and in line with business objectives and identify obstacles and solutions to challenges
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- Plan the day to day management of the business analysis, design, schedules, resource requirements, development, and other applicable tasks.
- Create status reports to evaluate project schedules or plans and modify as required.
- Work closely with General Manager; receive and execute feedback and guidance on complex projects and programs as required
- Actively participate in project review meetings providing status updates to the Business sponsor, Business Owner, as required.
- Review and coordinate work plans with external service providers or consultants contracted to execute projects.
- Oversee the development of user training documentation to ensure effective and efficient use of new and existing technologies.
- Support change management and work with teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
- Assist in determining an action plan to support the integration of large projects into daily workflow with the Sales Admin team.
- Participate on Committees, Budget and Program Review as required.
- Perform other related projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification will be considered an asset
- 5-7 years’ experience in Project Management, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and experience or familiarity with major defined PM approaches is required. Agile and SCRUM certification will be considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of project planning/scheduling tools and a proven record of practical application. Preference will be given to those with experience in Microsoft Project/JIRA
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint with an ability to easily learn new software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (French and English), including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both the user community and IT, and expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in a collaborative manner in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Proven analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize challenges, identify causes and provide solutions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to multitask and meet the challenges of a fast-paced changing environment
- Bilingual, oral and written (French and English)