Responsible for processing orders and subsequent follow up with customers. The Customer Service Representative acts in a proactive manner to ensure prompt service and solutions to customers. The incumbent handles and resolves customer queries in a professional manner.
- The Customer Service Representative ensures that orders are received and processed in an accurate and timely manner. The incumbent monitors his/her respective customer orders daily, taking action to resolve any potential issues. This includes but is not limited to; highlighting discrepancies between planned and requested production to the production planner, ensuring order revisions and/or cancellations are processed in an accurate and timely manner, advising customers of potential issues as soon as they are discovered.
- Accountable for ensuring superior customer satisfaction through continuous customer relationship building, performing sales support duties and through management of customer orders within the order fulfillment process.
- Works in conjunction with our Sales team by performing key support functions and developing opportunities within the existing customer relationships.
- Creates, maintains and distributes monthly reports as requested by customers or management for further analysis and decision making.
- Read call reports pertaining to his/her customer base and takes appropriate action through the proper channel be it on their level, production planning, transportation, sales and/or management.
- Maintain customer database up to date in regards to notes, contacts, and paper specifications (order templates).
- Keep up-to-date of any changes to customers, products and new procedures and suggest any potential improvements to the current processes and systems, and participates in any training sessions or projects with the goal of improving the customer experience.
- Update the standard operating procedures and other related documentation when a change is made or a new process or practice is implemented.
- Replace other members of the department during vacation period.
- College or University degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience is dealing with paper products (an asset)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good personal leadership skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced and multi-task environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work with tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of JDEdwards or in any ERP system (as asset)
- Bilingual, both oral and written (English and French)