2nd Class Power Engineer (casual)
|Site:||NL-CA (Corner Brook) | CORNER BROOK|
|# of openings:||1|
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper is seeking a 2nd class power engineer to work on a casual basis. As a casual employee the successful candidate would work within the steam plant to relieve for vacation and sickness, but will work in other areas of the mill as work is available.
Power Engineers working in the Steam Plant are responsible for the safe operation of high pressure boiler and auxiliaries including pumps, compressors, etc. Responsible to check and maintain demineralized water treatment system, and the safe startup and operation of a 17 MW Siemens Turbogenerator.
As a minimum, candidates will have a 3rd Class Power Engineering Ticket, but preference will be given to someone working toward or holding a 2nd class ticket.
· Candidate must be willing to train for Shift Engineer
- Previous experience working in a 1st class plant is considered an asset
· Knowledge of safe plant operations
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and changing priorities
· Previous experience in a production environment is also an asset
- All applicants should possess a grade 12 diploma or equivalent in addition to their power engineering certificate.
- Applicants will have recent Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) training and possess Standard First Aid certification.
- Applicants must provide proof of all relevant qualifications and be available to participate in a pre-employment testing procedure.
- The successful candidate must provide a clear Code of Conduct.
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Back to Search Results