We are seeking an experienced Forester who will report to the Woodlands Manager. The Chief Forester is responsible for the overall performance of CBPPL’s Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) for the Woodlands Operations. The annual declaration of wood volumes and the scaling of all wood products delivered to the mill are under his supervision. The mandate includes the road and bridge development.
The Successful Candidate’s responsibilities will include:
• Manage forest planning on six company forest management limits (1.4 million ha), wood scaling, and forest management activities.
• Work with Woodlands Management and Operations team to continually improve Sustainable Forest Management practices and environmental performance.
• Work with the government, stakeholders and first nations to ensure their interests are reflected in our day-to-day management while we maintain competitive business practices.
• Administer collective agreements and coordinate health and safety program and environmental management system including certification standards.
• Supervise preparation and administration of an annual budget for reforestation, road construction, planning, and environmental departments within Woodlands Division.
• Be familiar with Climate change implications as it relates to SFM
The Successful candidate should have:
• Minimum of 10 years of work experience in the Woodlands industry, including progressive supervisory and management experience in forest management
• Registered Professional Forester or eligible for registration, with an education background in Forestry, Forest Engineering, Environmental or Resource Management
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and lead a departmental team
• Capacity to exercise problem solving and analysis of a problem, make decisions in demanding situations
• Proficient use of computers (ie. Microsoft Office)