Located in Corner Brook, NL, the Buyer/Mill Stores Supervisor is responsible for safety and supervision of mill stores trucker and receiving clerk as well as negotiation and purchase of stock coded inventory in the correct quantities with timely deliveries to support the operation and production of the mill.
• Supervise mill stores receiving/wicket clerk, and stores trucker for safety, accuracy, setting priorities, etc.
• Buy coded inventory items, sending out quotes, price negotiating, purchase orders, modifications and all related follow up. Ordering of and monitoring of incoming chemicals.
• Document, arrange and follow up to ensure timely shipping and receiving of repair parts
• Follow up on inferior materials or understocks/overstocks, track SCAR, Deal with suppliers to correct inconsistencies
• Manage Vending Machines for safety items
• Monitor consignment items and review and approve transactions.
• Perform analysis and review on ROP/ROH with an interest to decrease inventory as feasible.
• Assist and educate employees with day to day inquiries and crisis items in JDE.
• Coordinate with other buyers throughout the organization to source parts that maybe emergency requirements.
• Develop a rapport with suppliers, meet with and discuss our issues, opportunities.
• Conduct required reporting
• Be an active participant in a rotational on call team as scheduled
The successful candidate must:
An undergraduate degree or equivalent in business, supply chain, engineering or related field
Minimum five years purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
Warehouse/parts and inventory management and supervision experience
SCMP designation or a willingness to attain
Demonstrated ability in effective communications, multitasking, priority setting and organizational skills
Demonstrated experience in negotiations, conflict management and logistics
Experience with the JDE platform would be beneficial as well as proficiency MS Office
Other combinations of education and experience will be considered
Successful candidate will be required to submit a Certificate of Conduct from a local police agency or the RCMP before commencing employment.
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Corner Brook Pulp and Paper but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.