CORNER BROOK PULP AND PAPER LIMITED
Competition No. 2022-18
As part of Kruger Publication Papers division, Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited is a quality leader in the manufacture of newsprint,and holds the Sustainable Forest Initiative Certification as well as being self-sufficient on energy between Deer Lake Power Generation, Steam Power and Steam Recovery. We aim to be fully reliant on clean energy. This position is located in Corner Brook, NL
The Reliability Superintendent is accountable for delivering improved uptime performance of assets and reliability across the site. Leading a team comprised of reliability engineers (mechanical/electrical), this role will work directly with the site teams in the development, implementation, and optimization of the asset management strategy.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Leads the implementation and optimization of a reliability program, which encompasses bad actor management, preventative and predictive maintenance tactics, procedures, quality standards, maintenance KPIs, analysis and tools that will maximize business value
- Works with the site’s Operation Departments in establishing operating parameters and standards that will optimize the asset’s reliability.
- Works with management teams to ensure compliance to the reliability program and that asset reliability risks are identified and mitigated appropriately.
- Provides recommendations on strategic investment in equipment, technology and initiatives to optimize asset value at the sites they support.
- Collaborates with management teams and key stakeholders in development of budgets as well as production and shutdown of plants.
- Supervises and assigns reliability work to team, ensuring that all work is properly documented and communicated to stakeholders.
- Regularly reviews reliability programs to ensure that they are performing effectively and efficiently, and to develop KPI’s that quantify this performance that can be used to continuously improve all reliability systems and assist in the prioritization and allocation of resources and personnel.
- Builds an effective reliability team, ensuring they have the right skills, knowledge, and experience to safely deliver improved performance and reliability in the operations they are a part of.
This position will be located in Corner Brook, NL.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in reliability and/or maintenance leadership roles.
- Possess a Professional Engineering designation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, coach, influence and collaborate with others to build effective working relationships.
- Experience with development and implementation of Reliability programs and metrics such as OEE, MTBF, MTTR.
- Experience with RCM and RCA methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Software skills in MS Office products and CMMS systems (JD Edwards).
Why work at Kruger?
At Kruger, we believe in giving our employees the space to grow, within a dynamic and stimulating environment, nurturing their development, encouraging their involvement, and enriching their professional lives. It’s no wonder many of our employees have been with us for a long time.
- Fourth-generation company
- Founded in 1904
- Leader in pulp and paper industry
- 5,000 employees
- 10 activity sectors
- 19 manufacturing sites across North America
- Strong corporate responsibility: Environmental stewardship,
Health & Safety highest standards, Community engagement
- Family spirit
- Customer Focus
Interested candidates can apply online through the Careers Section of www.kruger.com.
Corner Brook Pulp and Paper is committed to providing equal
treatment and opportunity to all individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however,
only those selected for interview will be contacted.