Senior Accountant, Kruger Kamloops
Founded in 1904, Kruger is a leading producer of publication papers; paper for domestic and industrial purposes; cardboard boxes made from recycled fibers; green and renewable energy, wines and spirits; and is also a leading recycler of paper and paperboard in North America.
Reporting to the Kamloops Mill Controller, your role will provide professional accounting expertise to support the accurate financial reporting for the Kamloops mill consistent with Kruger’s policies and procedures. This position will be responsible for cash flow monitoring and forecasting, sales tax administration and filing and will also support the month-end close process including reporting and analysis. Opportunity for future advancement within the organization.
- Banking administration including reconciliation, cash flow monitoring and forecasting
- Compile and complete various Sales Tax returns and remittances
- Research Tax regulations as required to ensure proper accounting treatment and compliance
- Perform month end closing responsibilities, including preparing journal entries, data collection & analysis and system support
- Review/prepare monthly accounting and financial reports including variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and balance sheet review for select asset and liability accounts.
- Liaison with Corporate support groups as required
- Research and apply accounting policies and principles to properly record, report, and maintain financial data
- Provide coverage to support the mill Finance team
- Other projects and duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge and understanding of technical accounting treatment and internal controls.
- Exceptional attention to detail and relentless pursuit of accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills and systems knowledge including ERP system implementations.
- Good communicator at all levels of organization, in both written and verbal formats.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and critical thinking.
- Excellent time management and organization skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- Self-sufficient, proactive, results driven and detail-oriented mindset.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and seek opportunities to continuously improvement processes.
- BBA/BComm in Accounting and CPA professional designation combined with a minimum 4+ years related experience in an accounting/finance role; experience within a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred .
- Experience in Microsoft Office with expert Excel capabilities, including advanced formulas, pivot tables etc.
- Experience working in ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
- Ability to demonstrate growth in previous positions.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
Thank you for applying. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.