The Plant Manager reports to the General Manager. As a member of the Management Committee, the Plant Manager ensures an optimal operation, according to the budget established, in order to meet the needs of the plant’s customers. He oversees the application of occupational health and safety regulations. The Plant Manager also ensures that a continuous performance improvement environment exists and participates in the realization of the established strategic plans. He ensures the development and growth of his team members.
In this context, the first mandate will be to work with the project team and make sure the equipment and personnel are ready for operation, according to the timeline, and to support the ramp up curve. He will build a solid team by working in close collaboration with the HR Manager and other management team members. He will train and optimize the operation knowledge of his team. He will directly manage the plant superintendents and the maintenance manager.
- Ensures the productivity and reliability of the equipment;
- Drives maintenance processes, reliability programs, and work order processes as well as maintain appropriate stores inventory.
- Actively contributes to the achieving and exceeding objectives related to health and safety, quality, food safety, productivity, continuous improvement, reliability and loss prevention objectives;
- Act as a coach for his team and as a facilitator in carrying out mandates;
- Ensure that all corrugator, converting and maintenance department NCR’s and corrective actions are taken on time, with effective actions and documentation. Approve or reject (and consult) as needed;
- Ensure that processes and their documentation are reviewed and kept up-to-date;
- Work closely with key suppliers of equipment, materials and service to leverage their expertise to help us improve all aspects of our operation;
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operational and capital budgets, manage the budget of his sector as well as the value creation program and ensure sound management of operating costs;
- Mobilize his team to achieve SMART objectives and assess their performance.
- Promote the employees’ development and engagement;
- Plan the development of team members and succession management;
- Initiate and justify investment authorization requests (R.A.’s) for possible improvements in the plant or for major expenses;
- Develop KPI’s for the departments, Monthly Production Report;
- Assist in Team selling and Trials or R&D efforts.
- Any other duties as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Have experience in personnel management;
- Demonstrate leadership ability;
- Good analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Good communicator and good interpersonal skills;
- Provides mentoring and coaching for his employees and colleagues;
- Agent of change;
- Strong skills for teamwork;
- Analyze and interpret financial statements with emphasis on cost optimization;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor degree in industrial or mechanical engineering or other relevant concentration.
- 10 years of experience in a similar production management role;
- Corrugated industry experience an asset;
- Lean Manufacturing certification an asset;
- Experience utilizing Kiwiplan and JDEdwards (Maintenance) an asset;
- Experience in the startup of a new facility is an asset.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.