The Sales Manager reports to the General Manager and is a member of the plant’s Management Committee Based on the annual business plan, he will be responsible to establish sales objectives and manage the team to achieve them. This includes achieving profitable sales growth and achieving budget objectives (volume, pricing and profitability).
In this context, the first mandate will be to recruit, select, educate, motivate, and develop the sales and design teams. Additionally, they will identify and develop partnerships with new customers to obtain commitments to support the production growth of the new plant.
- Promotes Health & Safety within the entire Sales team and ensure adherence to all Kruger and customer safety guidelines;
- Perform market analysis to identify new business opportunities;
- Establish and define plant growth objectives that align with the divisional strategic plan, and implement strategies to achieve results;
- Ensure timely delivery of business solutions in accordance with customer needs and objectives;
- Responsible for developing the annual business plan and responsible for its execution; reviews and establishes sales objectives with each sales representative;
- Contributes and supports product development and marketing initiatives.
- Monitors and reports on sales activities and performance results on a monthly basis;
- Identify variances to the sales objectives and forecasts and develop actions plans to rectify unfavorable variances.
- Promote the company through involvement in various industry associations and trade shows.
- Responsible for leading, coaching and managing the individual performance and the development of the employees in the sales team, to achieve the desired levels of performance.;
- Ensure that all Sales and Design NCR’s and corrective actions are taken on time, with effective actions and documentation. Approve or reject (and consult), as needed;
- Maintains direct contact and business relationships with various levels of management at current and potential customers, establishing a “Team” sales approach leading to a true partnership;
- Maintain awareness of current issues and opportunities within key clients and prospective clients, as well as forthcoming tenders and business opportunities to ensure competitiveness;
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction to maintain a high level of customer retention;
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend any necessary changes to marketing and promotional programs to adapt to market trends;
- Any other duties, as requested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Comfortable in working with people of different hierarchical levels;
- Recognized ability for teamwork and management coaching;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent ability to manage time and priorities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Having the overall success of the plant at heart (teamwork);
- Be a unifier, collaborator, know how to influence, managerial courage;
- Be creative and organized.
- Bachelor in management or marketing or the equivalent;
- 10 years of experience in the box plant products industry;
- 5 years of experience in market analysis and canvassing of potential clients;
- Experienced in effectively implementing and utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Knowledge of Food and Product Safety as it relates to corrugated packaging.
- Knowledge of box markets in the Midwest.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.