***Recruitment for this job offer will start at the beginning of september.
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the Converting Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of production in the facility. In this role you will communicate performance expectations to shift workers, ensure production targets and metrics are met to achieve production demands, supervise machine productivity and quality, and manage personnel daily. The Converting Supervisor foresees and coordinates all activities related to the management of personnel and production equipment in press department in order to meet the production schedule plan for his shift. He is responsible for mobilizing the workforce, achieving health and safety goals, productivity, quality, services and costs.
- Plan, direct, control, evaluate, supervise all converting production activities at the press level.
- Execute safety briefs to crews on designated shift, daily, weekly, monthly and annually
- Monitor workplace safety environment to identify and address any unsafe conditions
- Ensure compliance with company safety policies, safe work practices, and plant policies
- Monitor and track production daily goals for the Converting machines utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report results on the plant scorecard
- Manage workforce planning and adherence to attendance policies (vacations, floating days, call ins, etc.)
- Communicate effectively with all functional areas of the plant to ensure all production needs are successfully achieved
- Promote positive employee relations and interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- Supervise daily production activities, including oversight of team members, and monitor performance levels of each team member
- Monitor and participate in Daily Management Systems (DMS) to track progress against production goals and enable performance excellence.
- Actively contribute to achieving and exceeding objectives related to health and safety, food quality / safety, productivity, continuous improvement and reliability.
- Occupational health and safety ambassador: apply and ensure the rigorous following of the health and safety procedures and regulations.
- Manage team according to the HR rules and regulations, policies and practices.
- Evaluate labor force when required (probationary period, work performance, attendance records, training results and others.
- Properly plan work to be done in order to maximize efficiency.
- Manage the level and competence of the personnel required for operations.
- Respect for the priorities and service to our customers.
- Act, when necessary, as technical support to production staff.
- Receive, monitor and resolve non-conformities in production and corrective measures.
- Ensure that good manufacturing practices and operational procedures are followed.
- Clarify and respond to requests from employees, colleagues and clients.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the operations of the department.
- Notify the quality and SQF coordinator in the event of a food quality / safety problem.
- Any other tasks requested by his supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Experience supervising in a fast paced, quality intensive, BRC Food Safety Certification, manufacturing environment
- Strong employee development skills; Mobilize and "coach”.
- Excellent Lean/Continuous Improvement skills
- Knowledge of Kiwi Plan/JDE/SAP or CTI business systems preferred
- Ability to relate to people and develop trusting relationships;
- Ability to communicate and make group presentations
- Quickly analyze production problems and propose solutions.
- Teamwork: collaborate and share relevant information with colleagues to ensure uniform and efficient management of the workforce.
- Required: High School diploma or G.E.D. with equivalent experience
- Preferred: Post-secondary degree in technical field or any operational related experience.
- 3-5 years in a leadership role within the manufacturing industry
- Corrugated industry experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.