***Recruitment for this job offer will start at the beginning of september.
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the Corrugator Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and efficient operations of corrugator’s production in the facility. In this role you will communicate performance expectations to shift workers, ensure production targets and metrics are met to achieve production demands, supervise machine productivity and quality, manage personnel on a daily basis. Coordinates all activities related to the management of personnel and production equipment in corrugator department in order to provide the press department according to the production schedule plan for his shift. He is responsible for mobilizing the workforce, achieving health and safety goals, productivity, quality, services and costs.
- Coordinate, plan and manage shift schedules to meet production goals, prioritize work orders, maintain quality requirements, and assure an even flow of work to increase up-time and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Schedule work, coordinate production activities, provide direct oversight of employees, approve time records, communicate and implement company policy. Engage in employee development activities, make recommendations on employee hiring, promotion and disciplinary action.
- Maintain a clean, safe and injury-free work environment by ensuring health and safety procedures are understood and executed by all employees.
- Conduct employee training on all equipment, protocols, production standards, safety regulations, and waste control on an ongoing basis.
- Perform all quality control tests in accordance with combined board specifications.
- Verify the quality of the jobs and help investigate any customer complaints.
- Supervise efficient operation of corrugator including the inspection of materials, products, and equipment to detect and/or prevent malfunctions; assist in troubleshooting any corrugator slowdowns or other problems.
- Analyze corrugator performance, identify opportunities, make recommendations for process and equipment improvement, establish goals, and execute strategy.
- Participate in production meetings and provide updates as needed.
- Communicate closely with scheduling department to detect any discrepancies and assure production requirements are met.
- Maintain accurate records of activity including daily corrugator downtime reports, records of rolls on and off corrugator, and material utilization.
- Plan, direct, control, evaluate, supervise all production activities at the corrugator Level.
- Actively contribute to achieving and exceeding objectives related to health and safety, food quality / safety, productivity, continuous improvement and reliability;
- Occupational health and safety ambassador: apply and ensure the rigorous following of the health and safety procedures and regulations;
- Manage his team according to the HR rules and regulations, policies and practices;
- Evaluate his labor force when required (probationary period, work performance, attendance records, training results and others);
- Properly plan the work to be done in order to maximize efficiency;
- Manage the level and competence of the personnel required for operations;
- Respect for the priorities and service to our customers;
- Act, when necessary, as technical support to production staff.
- Receive, monitor and resolve non-conformities in production and corrective measures;
- Ensure that good manufacturing practices and operational procedures are followed;
- Clarify and respond to requests from employees, colleagues and clients;
- Participate in maintaining good working relationships;
- Ensure continuous improvement in the operations of the department;
- Notify the quality and SQF coordinator in the event of a food quality / safety problem;
- Any other tasks requested by his supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Experience supervising in a fast paced, quality intensive, BRC Food Safety Certification, manufacturing environment
- Strong employee development skills; Mobilize and "coach”.
- Excellent Lean/Continuous Improvement skills
- Knowledge of Kiwi Plan/JDE/SAP or CTI business systems preferred
- Ability to relate to people and develop trusting relationships with them;
- Ability to communicate and make presentations to groups.
- Quickly analyze production problems and propose solutions;
- Teamwork: collaborate and share relevant information with colleagues to ensure uniform and efficient management of the workforce;
- Required: High School diploma or G.E.D. with equivalent experience
- Preferred: Post-secondary degree in technical field or any operational related experience,
- 3-5 years in a leadership role within the manufacturing industry
- Corrugated industry experience preferred
- Must be able to work high temperature & humidity conditions while wearing proper PPE including, but not limited to, hearing protection, steel toe shoes and safety glasses
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.