***Recruitment for this job offer will start at the end of October.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Shipping Supervisor is responsible for warehousing, inventory control, and shipping of finished goods. Ability to lead and direct the daily activities of the shipping department, including productivity, quality, service, and on-time delivery in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring customer requirements and organization goals are achieved.
- Manages Third-party logistics and outsourced distribution.
- Responsible for ensuring driver/trailer inspection logs and driving records per DOT requirements.
- Attend daily Scheduling Meeting and assist the Plant Management for customer delivery requirements.
- Coordinate repairs of forklifts, dock plates, and dock doors.
- Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may effect on time delivery.
- Adheres to daily production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, delivery, and service goals.
- Communicate with necessary supervision to avoid problems between shift changes.
- Establish high morale within department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
- Develop strong rapport with various freight lines.
- Implement, maintain, and support all Kruger policies and procedures, including safety program, and good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from manufacturing to the shipment of finished items.
- Understanding of accounting or finance.
- Knowledge of the machinery, methods and procedures in the department under supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead and communicate with production team and management.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures regarding continual improvement and safety processes.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems including shop floor software preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple projects and/or requests concurrently.
- Solid analytical and mechanical ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work flexible hours when needed.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between team members.
- Intimate knowledge of warehouse/distribution/inventory procedures and practices in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Lean principles preferable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Kiwiplan, JDE a plus.
- Teamwork: collaborate and share relevant information with colleagues to ensure uniform and efficient management of the workforce.
- Required: High School diploma and some college are required.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Four (5) years’ minimum experience working in a faced paced shipping department, previous experience in corrugated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory role with experience in training, teambuilding, performance development, and conflict resolution preferred.
- Training and experience with modern box plant material handling equipment an asset.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.