****Recruitment for this job will start at the beginning of september
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Superintendent is responsible for the process management in the areas of safety, productivity, quality, maintenance, shipping, housekeeping and continuous improvement in the production department corrugator and converting, while supervising employees in the daily routine of producing quality corrugated products in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with all Kruger standards.
- Implements operational strategies to assure company objectives in the areas of safety, productivity, quality, customer service, sales, human capital, cost and profitability.
- Accountable for assigned site’s key performance metrics including machine and labor efficiencies and provides guidance to departmental leaders to ensure objectives are met.
- Supports Production Manager in scheduling optimization to meet internal and external customer on-time-delivery demands.
- Supports equipment feasibility studies and makes recommendations for investment; implements capital expenditure project and is accountable for payback expectations.
- Collaborates with cross-functional leaders to set continuous improvement initiatives to drive operational excellence.
- Provides guidance on staffing, training, employee relations and performance management to develop and enhance the salaried and hourly production team, working closely with direct reports
- Plan, direct, control, evaluate, supervise all the production activities of the press and corrugator department (comprising of three first level supervisors and approximately 100 hourly employees) and optimize operations.
- Actively contribute to the achievement of health and safety, quality, productivity, OEE, cleanliness and waste tracking objectives;
- Actively participate in the various meetings (health and safety, training, etc.);
- Ensure that expenses are following the budgets;
- Develop and maintain an environment conducive to continuous improvement of operations;
- Experience with Lean principles
- Work closely with the maintenance department to ensure the optimization of our machinery in accordance with production priorities;
- Coordinate production activities in accordance with planning and shipping;
- Complete and monitor the development plan of each member of his team;
- Write and prepare the various reports relating to production;
- Participate in maintaining good working relationships;
- Any other task assigned by his supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Ability to mobilize and "coach" the work teams;
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to lead a team and ensure a positive work climate;
- Ability to react quickly to changes in priorities and maintain composure;
- Ability to effectively lead and participate in structured problem-solving activities.
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written, listening, and presentations. Excellent planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and delegation skills.
- Post-secondary degree in technical field Degree or 5 or more years of previous leadership experience in manufacturing environment.
- 7 to 10 of related experience. Experience in personnel management is essential;
- 5 or more years manufacturing experience in the paper/ corrugated packaging industry.
- Experience in the field of health and safety and familiarity with continuous improvement are assets;
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (good knowledge of office suite software, knowledge of Kiwiplan and JDE would be an asset).
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.