Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for serving as a liaison between Corporate Accounts, Strategic Regional Accounts, the box plant and Customer locations while effectively providing specialized support for designated Kruger customers. The Technical Sales Representative will manage both internal and external customer relationships, providing value-added sales and service support solutions to deliver ongoing value. The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for improving and optimizing the customer’s facilities productivity with our different products. The Technical Sales Representative's expertise is seen as technical solutions providers to our customers.
He or she will also maintain good relations between Kruger Packaging S.E.C. and our customers by ensuring their satisfaction in order to increase sales.
- Serve as the liaison between Kruger and customer to support supplier plants in improving overall customer service
- Create project plans and oversee end-to-end development of customer specifications, logistics, and troubleshooting customer
- Ensure the needs of national accounts are met while aligning to meet business objectives
- Assist with budget development and management cross-functionally with Sales and Financial Managers
- Develop understanding of customers’ market landscape to proactively identify areas of opportunities to add additional value, improve efficiency, and provide solutions/training for customer manufacturing lines
- Partner with production, manufacturing, and national account team to ensure customer needs are properly communicated
- Perform packaging studies in order to optimize, run ability of our customer’s performance, reduce processing costs and increase profitability.
- Conduct internal studies in order to increase the efficiency of production.
- Visit and support our customer to investigate technical issues and find a solution.
- Guide our customer to improve their efficiency with our products.
- Provide solutions to our customer to be more competitive and find ways to reduce their cost.
- Prepare and make presentations of a technical or other nature to clients.
- Coordinate the implementation and production of special projects with the sales, production and technical service personnel.
- Maintain relationships of trust with customers.
- Liaise with plant production and quality team in handling complaints. Ensure customer satisfaction in terms of product quality, price and service.
- Perform any other task (s) assigned by his or her Manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Possess a broad understanding of different types of equipment, and technical and packaging capabilities related to the packaging industry
- Proven experience with packaging systems
- Demonstrated sales competence and business acumen
- Ability to provide clarity to complex problems and develop long-term solutions
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and deadlines and interact effectively with people from varying functions and levels
- Possess effective leadership qualities and insightful business judgment
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Champion of and adapter to change
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Possess safety mindset
- Recognized technical expertise.
- Ability to quickly establish business partnerships and harmonious relationships with customers.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to develop structured action plans;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Results-oriented attitude.
- Availability to travel frequently.
- Post-secondary degree (such as industrial design) or the equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in box corrugated/converting, design, equipment industry.
- 5+ years of related experience in sales, project management, and/or technical training.
- Knowledge of box market in the Mid-West will be asset.
- Greenfield plant expertise will be asset.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.