***Recruitment for this job will start at the beginning of September.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Design Supervisor acts as technical support in printing and cutting processes as well as packaging design performance. He supervises all activities related to the overall management of projects (printing): design, assembly, inks, dies, etc. He plays a “field” role by ensuring a presence during the new item development and approval process and is present at converting for press approvals. He is the focal point for the overall aspect of the box design and ensures the product fits within the plant capabilities. He also supports the sales team for customer request and meets their quality speck.
- Supervise and be accountable for activities and standards related to product design and print
- Coach designers on performance and create development plan for them.
- Support sales and production on enhancing product design
- Work closely with the Production Team in finalizing designs to ensure their most efficient production.Ensure that designers work with Sales and customers to establish best palletization patterns utilizing the “CAPE” software.
- Act as technical support in printing and die cutting for customers, representatives and the production department;
- Coordinate “pre-print” projects;
- Develop and maintain the machine specifications and limitations listing for the equipment on site.
- Develop and maintain the detailed tooling (cutting dies & print dies) requirements and specifications for the vendors to utilize for the equipment on site.
- Maintain inventory of various board grades and flutes for creating samples.
- Optimization of costs associated with the graphics department (inks, dies, etc.);
- Address and resolve customer complaints;
- Ensure a presence and support in production (at press level) during new projects;
- Keep up to date on flexographic and cutting die trends in order to stay current with state-of-the-art technology and practices;
- Notify the Quality Supervisor in the event of a food quality / safety problem;
- Any other task(s) assigned by his supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Relational capacity internal and external clients;
- Manage several orders simultaneously while respecting deadlines;
- Be creative to develop best design for customer needs;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Rigor and attention to details;
- Team work.
- High School degree or GED equivalent
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Packaging Science;
- 5 to 8 years of experience in the Design of corrugated packaging;
- 2-5 years of experience of personnel supervision;
- Software: Artios CAD (Esko) or other drawing software, Capepack, Illustrator, Kiwiplan.
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (MS office suite software);
- Knowledge of TAPPI regulations and testing protocols
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.