***Recruitment for this job will start at the beginning of September.
The Process Manager reports to the General Manager. As a member of the Leadership Team, the Process Manager is responsible for managing quality specifications and processes while partnering with operations, sales and customers to ensure that customers’ needs are met. and the continuous improvement of our production and service activities. He also provides technical support to our customer and operation teams to meet the quality specifications and produce our products to meet our customers’ standards. He, along with his team, are responsible to implement and support a Quality System, a Food Safety System and a Continuous improvement strategy. Ensure the development of its team members.
In this context, his first mandate will be to work with the sales and operation teams in order to have a quick understanding of our customers’ quality needs to support the customer and operation ramp up strategy.
Suggérer une modification
Partager la traduction
- Actively participate in packaging studies in order to optimize processes, reduce costs and increase profitability.
- Using best known methodologies, practices and industry standards:
- Develop and implement process improvement strategies while using realistic Return on Investment calculations and other metrics-based considerations
- Work closely with Customers, sales, operations and design teams to implement and validate changes to reduce products cost and improve efficiencies
- Work with Vendors to ensure that Raw Materials meet consistent requirements to allow Production to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct production flow analysis to ensure standards are set appropriately
- Prioritize the projects and team’s efforts in order to maximize value and returns to the company
- Support and promote the transfer of knowledge and best practices amongst Kruger packaging operations.
- Provide interface and support to customer product concerns to facilitate responsiveness to customers.
- Carry out customer visits in order to ensure an active and forward-thinking presence in the market;
- Innovate in technical service in order to become a benchmark in the market for packaging solutions adapted to the needs of our customers and local operations;
- Foster an environment of positive collaboration between the various leaders within the plant
- Conduct and follow up on quality reject meetings, Material Review Board (MRB), by addressing immediate quality issues and develop systems to prevent future occurrences.
- Implement procedures and policies to structure the technical service and quality for the plant;
- Prepare and make presentations of technical or other nature to customers;
- Coordinate the implementation and production of special projects with sales, production and technical service personnel;
- Participate as a resource person in the various market committees;
- Supervise and be accountable for activities and standards related to quality (Food Safety standards, etc.);
- Develop its staff according to the needs established by the management and the potential of each one;
- Any other task requested by his supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Be recognized as an agent of change;
- Strong knowledge of Quality Systems, Food Safety in Packaging and , Lean Manufacturing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate and develop work instructions, solutions to problems and reports for all levels of employees, supplier and customers.
- Have a solid understanding of supply chain, lean principles and process flows within manufacturing
- Ability to establish a relationship of trust with customers both internal and external;
- Show leadership; ability to coach
- Ability to problem-solving and good decision maker;
- Have an excellent sense of listening and the ability to analyze needs;
- Be innovative and question the status quo.
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in in industrial manufacturing, engineering, Industrial design, quality control or other relevant concentration.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in packaging manufacturing environment;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in direct supervision ;
- Excellent knowledge of Quality Systems, Food Safety in Packaging and Continuous Improvement (Lean manufacturing);
- Knowledge of the corrugated packaging industry;
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (MS office suite software, knowledge of Kiwiplan, would be an asset)
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.