***Recruitment for this job will start by the end of October.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the Production Planner is responsible for the containerboard paper roll procurement / inventory and production planning. More specifically, he works closely with the Plant Superintendent and sales team to ensure the proper management of roll inventories, as well as the production backlog of the corrugator and converting departments.
- Manage the inventory of containerboard paper rolls in the plant, including buffer zones;
- Follow up on roll orders with suppliers; Coordinate the delivery of rolls by appointment;
- Reconcile the reception of the deliveries of the day before;
- Prepare the order of sheet orders (line-up) to the corrugator according to the established priorities;
- Follow up on production orders with correspondents from customer service and with the production department (production dates and times);
- Work directly with customer service and production to plan the production on each converting machine center according to the order book priorities;
- Make changes on orders already in production, following customers’ requests and realign the order book accordingly;
- Ensure that the overall production statistics that are set within Kiwiplan are reflective of the actual production statistics.
- Work with production personnel to identify and correct “bad data” within the production feedback.
- Any other task (s) assigned by his supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Ability to quickly establish relationships with a variety of clients (internal and external clients) and to develop a relationship of trust with them;
- Ability to concentrate in a hectic environment and ability to coordinate various work orders simultaneously;
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative, logic and versatility;
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Comfortable with teamwork.
- Required High School diploma or GED with equivalent experience
- Preferred Post-secondary degree – operation management field or any related experience in operation planning.
- 3-5 years of related experience (planning);
- 2-3 years of experience of the packaging industry would be an asset;
- Knowledgeable of full working of Kiwiplan
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (MS office suite software)
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.