***Recruitment for this job will start at the beginning of September.
He is responsible for leading systems, processes and procedures that promote a positive safety culture which results in an injury free and healthy workplace. He must collaborate with local leadership to execute on all local, state, federal regulatory EHS requirements and company EHS programs. This position reports directly to the Plant General Manager.
In this context, the first mandate will be to implement a risk analysis system (in terms of environment and health & safety) and implement the necessary procedures to control these risks. He will have to define and implement a preventive program for the construction stage as well as define and introduce (based on the risk analysis and his experience) all the preventive procedures in order to control all risks during maintenance and operation situations prior the start-up of the equipment. He will be involved in the execution and follow-up on all Pre-Start Safety Reviews of the new equipment at the site. He will develop and implement the Lock Out Tag Out process and procedures prior to the startup of all operations and equipment.
- Guide the management team in the development of the vision and monitoring of the EH&S strategic plan;
- Create and manage facility EHS risk profiles.
- Ensure legal compliance in health and safety as well as environmental level for the site;
- Define, implement, control and update the various environment, health and safety programs including risk analysis, lockout, confined space, machine safety, risk analysis, fire prevention, Emergency Response Team, contractors and others;
- Maintain and keep the EH&S preventive and emergency measures program as well as the policies and procedures, up-to-date;
- Develop and implement application, monitoring and present tools for supervisory teams and management, as needed;
- Follow up on corrective actions in environment, health and safety;
- Implement KPI’s to measure our EH&S performance;
- Coach the management and supervisor team in the investigation and analysis of EH&S events;
- Represent the employer with external organizations;
- Responsible for assessing the rigor in the application of prevention mechanisms in place and recommend corrective actions to the management team;
- Train and/or participate in the development of training in environment, health and safety (technical and mentoring with managers);
- Guide the environment, create and guide health and safety work groups or committees;
- Govern the management of chemicals by approving new products, ensuring archiving and compliance with the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard program;
- Any other tasks as requested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Have experience in personnel management;
- Show leadership;
- Ability to problem-solving and good decision-making;
- Good communicator and good interpersonal skills;
- Good presentation and training skills;
- Ability to play the role of "coach" with his employees and colleagues;
- Agent of change;
- Strong skills for collaboration and teamwork.
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Relevant EHS Certification.
- Bachelor degree Industrial hygiene or the equivalent.
- Bachelor degree in environmental science management or the equivalent
- Hold 5 to 7+ years providing EHS support and guidance (5) in a manufacturing environment;
- In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations in occupational Health and safety as well as in environment
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge and mastery of Microsoft Office suite systems and software;
- Experience in the startup of a new facility is an asset
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.