***Recruitment for this job will start by the end of November.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Lab Technician is responsible for performing analysis on paper, linerboard, cardboard, packaging and other raw materials, as required by customers and / or plant departments. He coordinates and analyzes, with the help of the supervisor, complaints in order to resolve any problem and ensure customer satisfaction. He is involved in the management of quality systems, sanitation and maintenance of the standards established by the SQF program and those of the company.
In this context, his first mandate will be to assist in the development and implementation of the Quality Management System and the Food Safety Program. He will also be responsible to set up the Quality Lab (equipment and procedures) and establish a testing program.
- Carry out various laboratory tests. Ensure that the testing procedures used are well documented and ensure repeatability and reproducibility;
- Maintain a clean, safe and injury free work environment by ensuring health and safety procedures are followed;
- Follow up on non-compliance reports in order to meet the prescribed deadlines;
- Work closely with supervisors and employees to resolve quality issues;
- Manage non-compliant units from production and customer returns;
- Carry out internal audits according to the sanitation requirements of the Food Safety Program
- Issue corrective action reports following audits and inspections;
- Participate in inspections and update food safety procedures and forms;
- Perform weekly paper and corrugated sampling and tests according to the objectives set by the supervisor;
- Analyze the results obtained in the department by proposing correlations and recommendations;
- Any other task, as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Ability to quickly analyze production problems and propose solutions in collaboration with the various stakeholders;
- Ability to adapt to various situations;
- Autonomous and a strong sense of initiative;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships of trust with employees, colleagues as well as with our internal and external customers;
- Analytical mind and skill in continuous improvement;
- Ability to meet deadlines and ability to identify urgent situations;
- Required High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Preferred Post-secondary degree in chemical (or equivalent field) or any operational related experience.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in the field of quality testing;
- Knowledge and mastery of systems and software of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledge of Quality Control and Food Safety standards is an asset;
- 1-3 years of experience in the corrugated packaging industry.is an asset;
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.