****Recruitment for this job will start by the end of October.
Reporting to the Process Manager, the Quality/ Food Safety Manager establishes and maintains quality and food safety programs. He ensures that our products comply with the various packaging standards for customers and the sales department. The Quality Manager also acts as Food Safety Program Coordinator.
In this context, his first mandate will be to develop and implement the Quality Management System as well as the Food Safety Program in preparation for the start of production at the site.
- Manage the complete customer complaints system: compilations, statistics, solutions, etc.;
- Perform follow-ups on non-conformities and make visits to customers in the event of significant non-conformities;
- Work closely with supervisors and employees to develop root cause analysis and resolve quality issues;
- Planning of the annual internal audit schedule and supervision of periodic audits;
- Prepare for and facilitate external system audits by customers or third-party auditors.
- Prepare and communicate results and trends to management and employees;
- Responsible for attaining and maintaining certifications of recognized standards and programs (such as ISO, HACCP and FSC). Ensure the maintenance of standards related to certification, compliance with the underlying standards, perform audits, provide training and reminders to employees, etc.;
- Lead and coordinate the SQF program:
- Approve and validate all elements of the Food Safety system (prerequisites and HACCP plans);
- Ensure that the company complies with regulatory requirements and regulatory changes;
- Implement and ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices;
- Actively participate in Food Safety management reviews;
- Evaluate suppliers of quality-critical raw materials and services.
- Promote the quality / food safety culture throughout the company;
- Train and / or participate in the development of training in quality assurance (technical and mentoring to managers);
- Any other task(s) assigned by his immediate superior.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Ability to connect with people and developing relationships of trust with employees, colleagues as well as with our internal and external clients;
- Ability to play the role of "coach" with employees and colleagues;
- Analytical mind and skill in continuous improvement;
- Collaborative and creative;
- Ability to prepare and communicate presentations;
- Ability to lead team root cause analysis sessions
- High School degree or GED equivalent
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in Quality Control Management or Food Safety.
- Bachelor's degree in science or equivalent field or any operational related experience.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the field of quality assurance;
- Knowledge and mastery of Microsoft Office suite systems and software;
- Knowledge of Quality Management Standards;
- Knowledge of Food Safety Standards such as SQF, HACCP is an asset;
- Knowledge of the corrugated packaging plant processes;
- Knowledge of TAPPI standards and testing protocol is an asset.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.