Reporting to the Director, I.T. Operations, the Computer Technician provides on-site and remote support to users. He ensures that the IT equipment and services supporting the plant’s operations are functioning properly. He shares information with several IT team members.
- The Computer Technician assesses technical issues and business problems, creates work tickets, prioritizes those tickets based on productivity, finds solutions, and resolves technical issues while working within the assigned priorities and in compliance with policies and standard IT procedures;
- He provides specific, timely and creative solutions to IT users and network issues to ensure their productivity. He installs and repairs the plant’s hardware;
- He performs on-site and remote repairs and maintenance in order to resolve issues, and uses advanced troubleshooting when equipment that is causing problems that cannot be isolated or repaired by using standard procedures, or installs software, performs migrations and modifies configurations;
- The Computer Technician supports network infrastructure and adheres to established norms and standards;
- He makes and validates the necessary data back-ups for quick, one-time or complete service recovery;
- He maintains and improves computer systems for which he is responsible so that users have uninterrupted, quality service;
- Any other duties as directed by his immediate supervisor
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical people;
- Organized, ability to prioritize, good analytical skills, ability to work independently, thorough ;
- Strong customer-service orientation;
- Fluent in English (oral and written) and working knowledge of French.
- A DCS in Computer Science, at a minimum.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency in Windows, Windows Server, Unix and Linux platforms;
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, SNMP, SMTP protocols, etc.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.