Reporting to Plant Controller, the plant Accountant is responsible for organizing and coordinating the general accounting activities for the plant. Ensuring the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger, prepare basic financial reports, and analyse and report any variances.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes, including the preparation of estimates and accruals.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Comply with Kruger’s financial policies and procedures.
- Engage in general accounting activities including the accurate and complete preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and financial reports, such as balance sheets, profit-loss statements, and capital expenditure reports.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze forecasts, then prepare periodic reports that compare forecasts to actual costs.
- Follow up on customer accounts including customer credit issuances and collection activity.
- Ensure the accurate processing of the hourly payroll and related payroll/employee functions.
- Ensure all payroll transactions comply with company policies, as well as all state and federal requirements.
- Guide, develop, and train accounting associates including assisting the Plant Controller in supervising the day-to-day activities of the accounting associates.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- All other tasks required by his supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of standard financial / accounting procedures, GAAP concepts and principles, and internal control.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple projects and/or requests concurrently.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to handle detail oriented tasks and review multiple documents and reports.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate to multiple audiences and purposes.
- The ability to network and build relationships with individuals of various experience and corporate positions.
- Strong listening, evaluating, and organizational skills.
- Previous work experience as a member of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting,
- 3 to 8 years’ experience in an accounting management position in a business office/accounting department with exposure to general ledger, payroll, and/or accounts payable functions.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in the manufacturing sector, containerboard and corrugated packaging industry.
- Mastery of the complete accounting cycle;
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Office preferably with exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with financial systems for invoicing, credit/collections, expense reporting, accounts payable, payroll, and general ledger required.
- Greenfield plant startup experience will be an asset;
- Knowledge of the US and Kentucky State laws and regulations.
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.