Reporting to the Design Supervisor, the main function of the designer is to develop new and improved concepts; ensure the continuity of our products while being efficient and competitive in order to meet the needs of our customers. He must develop and provide the sales department with punctual and efficient support.
- Support sales and production;
- Carry out packaging studies;
- Design and develop styles prototypes that meet customer needs;
- Design and / or copy the printing illustrations of corrugated cardboard boxes;
- Work with salesforce/customer to acquire all required information needed to effectively create a design;
- Record specifications and assign proper manufacturing allowances considering machine limitations.
- Produce technical drawings and / or graphics in order to purchase the dies;
- Maintenance management of the dies;
- Determine the compression of a packaging and the best arrangement of the packaged product;
- Be able to carry out various laboratory tests;
- Establish the palletization scheme using the "Cape" software, following the customer's request;
- Any other task (s) assigned by his supervisor (the Design Supervisor) .
SKILLS AND ABILITIES_____________________________________________________
- Ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Relational capacity (internal and external clients);
- Manage several orders simultaneously while respecting deadlines;
- Be creative;
- Autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Rigor and attention to details;
- Team work.
- Post-secondary degree (Graphic – industrial desing);
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (MS office suite software);
- Following software an asset: Artios CAD (esko) or other drawing software, Capepack, illustrator, Kiwiplan.
- 5 years of experience in the sale of manufactured products;
- 2-5 years of experience in the sale of boxes or packaging products;
- Knowledge of boxes market in Kentucky state;
- Greenfield plant expertise will be asset;
- Have basic knowledge of the laws and rules governing the packaging industry (asset).
All employees must apply Kruger's environmental policy in their daily tasks. In particular, employees are responsible for complying with legal and corporate environmental requirements, and must follow related procedures. Each employee is responsible for reporting all environmental incidents and potential environmental risks.
All employees have a duty to take the necessary steps to protect their health, safety and that of those around them at work. They must participate in the identification and elimination of risks at work.
* The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.