OANDA is looking for an enthusiastic System Administrator to join our Corporate IT Team. System Administrators ensure OANDA’s internal corporate network and related systems run smoothly. You’ll be working alongside other Systems Administrators, supporting 10 global offices and 450 employees. You will learn and shape our internal office network, infrastructure, and Linux and Windows servers in physical and cloud environments. Do you want to bring new ideas and develop innovative IT solutions? Do you like to be challenged and passionate about improving IT infrastructure? If so then this is the role for you! This position is full-time located in our Toronto office.
OANDA’s vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Founded in 1996, OANDA became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, allowing forex and CFD investors to trade the financial markets. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment. We have come a long way since our first currency feed 24 years ago. We are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from tech start-ups to global corporations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, design, manage, and maintain multi-site global network infrastructure - on-premise and in-cloud – that includes SDN technologies, WAN, Site to Site VPN/MPLS technologies, Office Wi-Fi, Cisco routing/switching, FortiCloud, Juniper, and Voice Gateways
- Install and configure networks and systems, following and contributing to our established procedures
- Leverage your deep understanding of Cisco CUCM and/or Genesys PureCloud to help maintain the system and make key decisions on current and future configurations
- Use your deep knowledge of networking to help solve unique, time-sensitive issues, supported by monitoring systems that you maintain
- Applying your knowledge and experiences to identify areas to improve current processes and procedures
- Collaborate with Legal and Compliance for any security incident or breach containment, assessment, mitigation, and reporting
- Be a first responder to emergency issues that often require collaboration, investigation, and detective skills to solve critical issues
- Develop and craft content for our knowledge base
- Help ensure a secure environment with corporate and BYOD devices through a strong authentication environment (AD, SAML, LDAP)
- Experience with deploying and maintaining BYOD infrastructure
- Participate in the evolution of a comprehensive training plan for the team and assist in on-the-job training personnel when required
- Write scripts and leverage automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, and others as you see fit) to maintain both Windows and Linux environments
- Lean on your knowledge and experience to mentor junior members of the Corporate IT team, and other technical teams across the organization
- Experience planning, deploying, and working in on-prem, cloud and hybrid cloud environment
- Deep understanding of client-server architecture to perform distributed system debugging techniques
- You have excellent communication skills in English. Bonus points if you know Polish, Mandarin, German, or Japanese!
- You have the ability to present ideas in a user-friendly way
- Under high pressure you can still efficiently prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to work in team-oriented, global, and collaborative environment