SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
As a member of Saint Elizabeth reporting directly to the Administrator, all decisions and manner of relating and operating will reflect the philosophy, vision and mission of Saint Elizabeth.
The Weekend (part time) Food Service Worker will perform general kitchen duties, including basic food preparation, portering, serving, cleaning up and dishwashing.
The location of the facility will be Hillcrest Reactivation Centre (47 Austin Terrace, Toronto, Ontario)
- Assist as direct with general kitchen work such as basic food preparation, microwaving of meals, thermalizing soups serving and portering food and dish carts, setting up tables and trays cleaning up and dishwashing.
- Assembles and responsible for food preparation and light cooking as required for all meals and nourishments.
- Complies with ministry of health provincial home and community care regulations and established dietary policies & procedures.
- Provides client focused care and service. Respect clients’ confidentiality and treat staff, clients and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Handle and serve food with best practices to ensure safe, attractive, hygienic and tasty meals.
- Ensure proper storage, handling and preparation of food in order to ensure safety and follow Toronto Public health guidelines and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points.
- Clean kitchen equipment and areas according to cleaning schedule.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Maintain good relationships with all staff and clients.
- Report any observed changes to client’s conditions to Manager.
- Report any changes that affect the production ad smoother operation of food services to the operations manager.
- Maintain current knowledge of fire and other safety procedures and assist with evaluation as needed.
- Complete with health and safety policies and procedures including complains with WHIMIS and regulatory requirements.
- Keeps work area, clean, sanitary and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties.
- Completes pre-start up inspections/audits as required.
- Sets and cleans dining room tables as well as cleans floors in food preparation, dish room and food storage areas.
- Delivers carts to designated areas.
- Assists with maintaining the security of the department.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations as well as practices facility fire safety and emergency programs.
- Record temperatures of all fridges, dish machines and food items as required for food safety quality assurance.
- Assists with storage and inventory of food supply and cleanliness of storage areas.
- Alerts operations manager to problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
- Attends departmental and facility staff meeting, in-services and other necessary training sessions.
- Maintains a good attendance record in accordance with company policies.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new dietary employees.
- Any other reasonable duties as determined & assigned by Manager
- Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education/Training and experience
- Knowledge of quantity food production, sanitation and safety standards for a food services area
- Demonstrated food handling skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team orientated environment.
- Strong communication skills in English
- Current Food Safety Certification
- Health related food service experience preferred.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please send your resume to Shonaghcraddock@sehc.com