We are currently seeking for a casual Occupational Therapist to work at Mackenzie Health. The Hand Therapy Program (clinic) provides assessment, therapy and education to individuals who have sustained an injury (trauma, repetitive strain injuries or disease/disability process) or undergone surgery to their upper extremity. The majority of the referrals are a result of being referred through and/or treated by the therapists in the plastics, fracture or minor OR clinics and referrals from the plastic and orthopedic surgeons within the hospital.
As the successful candidate, you are a graduate of an accredited program in Occupational Therapy and are a member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with a high level of initiative and adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Planning and implementing patient centered, goal-directed treatment programs for those that have sustained an injury or have had surgery to their upper extremity
- The therapeutic activities include splinting, wound management and healing, Pain management, sensation retraining, strengthening, improving range of motion and Management with swelling with the goals to optimize function and independence in everyday activities with their injured extremity
- Will support the Plastic and Orthopeadic surgeons in the hospital clinics providing assessment and necessary treatment to the patients including static and dynamic splinting, education, therapeutic activities and exercise programs
- A member in good standing of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Reliable, flexible, creative, self-directed professional, able to work effectively and collaboratively with rehab assistants as well as with a high performance interdisciplinary rehabilitation team
- May require coverage across two sites – Mackenzie Health and an outpatient therapy clinic
- Sound knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
- Ability to adapt to new computer applications
- BCLS and CPR certificate
- This role is casual weekdays 8-4pm
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 We were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please send your resume to Shonaghcraddock@sehc.com