Are you looking for a different experience as a Universal Care Provider (UPC)? This may be your opportunity to work in a residential setting. Your role will build off leading edge models of care with this care population maximizing on innovative tools and resources. http://www.terracesofbaycrest.com
Saint Elizabeth is looking for certified Universal Care Provider (UPA) who has a passion for caring for others and is able to assist client with activities of personal care, meals, household management and more. If you are looking for a different experience and driving forward a ‘different model of care’ for an integrated team member as a PSW. This role is for you!
- Must have a PSW Certificate and Grade 12 English equivalency.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 6 months.
- Valid First Aid and HPC CPR certificate
- Consideration will be given to newer graduates that demonstrate a true understanding of the relational care approach and highly developed emotional intelligence.
- Knowledge of household management skills.
- A working knowledge of assistive aides is required.
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Self-awareness, high emotional intelligence, willingness to partner with residents, families and onsite staff in caring for residents.
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment.
- Good computer skills, experience with electronic charting systems are assets.
- Ability to speak other languages, is an asset.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to lift 25 kg may be required and perform lifting/bending when required to assist residents.
- Be comfortable running and facilitating programs and social recreation activities
- Perform, enable, and assist with Personal Care.
- Activities of daily living, laundering, light housekeeping, Meals (full meals and snacks).
- Meal service in dining room (may include feeding assistance) for three meals a day.
- Assist with running and facilitating recreational and leisure activities.
- Perform and monitor health indicators, charting on a daily basis which will include use of POC
- Assist to individualize and personalize residents care.
- Ensure care is delivered in a way to optimize resident choice, dignity, privacy, independence and spirituality.
- Performs delegated tasks as per resident care plan and report changes in resident condition.
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team which encompasses Baycrest Terrace staff to ensure care goals are created, met and assessed on an on-going basis.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan, Saint Elizabeth and Residential site policies and procedures. This would include participating in the development and updating of care plans in a way that balances respect for the resident choice, optimizing health and wellbeing, safety and security.
- Participate in ongoing education programs.
- Engages in self-reflection activities to continuously improve EQ skills.
- This position is 7:00am-1pm
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org