Registered Nurse (RN) - Mental Health
Toronto & North York
You will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill, and judgment and work within the RN scope of practice to provide holistic nursing care to meet the physical, safety, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families in their homes and communities.
There are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- As a Registered Nurse (RN) you will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Must have a minimum of six months' experience in Mental Health nursing within the last five years.
- Must have experience and knowledge of mental health modalities (i.e. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
- Must have successfully completed a Community Mental Health course through an accredited college or university or have equivalent knowledge.
- Canadian certification in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing is preferred (i.e. Canadian Nurses Association).
- Availability to work days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle (travel required).
- Updated immunization records, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector checks are required upon hire.
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Email, etc.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Works well in a changing environment.
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes.
- A current CPR certificate is required.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching the chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion), and numerous hand grips of varying forces.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision, and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today, and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle, and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 we were honored to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
For more information please email: email@example.com