We are currently hiring a Full Time Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Palliative Care Program (Nights) in Ottawa & Area.
SE Health provides palliative care services that support both the individual facing a life-threatening illness and his/her family. Improving quality of life is a key focus of the care that is delivered by our team of nurses working with other professionals within the health care system (personal support workers, physicians, chaplains, therapists, hospice volunteers etc). Recognizing that individuals living with illness are also faced with many needs, our staff is able to integrate the physiological, psychological, socio-cultural and spiritual aspects of care to assist those coping with their situation. Our community based palliative care team offers a support system to help people live as actively as possible until death, and to assist families during the person’s illness and during bereavement.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- As an RN/RPN you will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- As an RN/RPN you will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- Guaranteed hours and guaranteed shifts; call or apply for details
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries
- Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Subsidized RNAO/RPNAO memberships
- Tuition Assistance Program
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Minimum 1 year Hospice Palliative care experience is required and ongoing continuing education is preferred
- Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario with the availability to work nights and every other weekend.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Excellent Communication skills both orally and verbally along with exceptional computer skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of an integrated team (PSWs, Physician, Hospices)
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Works well in a changing environment with an appreciation for continuous quality improvement processes.
- A willingness to attain required Saint Elizabeth certifications.
- A demonstrated appreciation for Quality Improvement processes.
- A current CPR certificate is required.
- Bilingual in FRE/ENG is an asset.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling/squatting, reaching at chest and waist level (i.e. shoulder flexion) and numerous hand grips of varying forces.